PDA

View Full Version : Granderson to the Yankees?

Rich Klein
12-08-2009, 12:49 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4725108

If true; as a Yankees fan; I don't really mind this trade. Although I hate giving up a prospect such as Austin Jackson, getting a proven major leaguer who is only 29 years old with power and speed such as Granderson gives me 3-4 years of a better center fielder than we have now. And we still have Hughes; Joba etc to go after Doc with if we so desire. Plus, not a budget buster as Curtis is reasonably priced. Look for Andy Petitte to return soon to the pinstripes

Regards
Rich

sbfinley
12-08-2009, 01:30 PM
From all I've read Jackson is the real deal, just very raw. It's a strange deal considering the Yanks are priding themselves on the "building from within" mantra. Trading a Top 10 prospect kind of blows that out.
All in all, I think it's a good pickup for the NY. But that is jealousy speaking. The best my team has done is pickup Brad Penny.

Chris Counts
12-08-2009, 01:45 PM
I like Granderson a lot. He's a good leadoff hitter and excellent centerfielder. He's just what the Yankees aging lineup needed, and despite his low average, he has a good batting eye, so I expect him to rebound. He also shouldn't have any trouble hitting home runs in that bandbox they now call Yankee Stadium ... As for Penny, I figure he's so inconsistent and so injury-prone that he isn't worth much of an investment ...

howard38
12-08-2009, 01:57 PM
I think the Yankees did a great job of hyping Austin Jackson. He's a nice player but he's not young for someone who has never been in hte majors (23 next month) and his AA and AAA stats have been pretty ordinary. It looks to me like a great trade for NY although I think Granderson should be benched against lefties.

D. Broughman
12-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Curtis Granderson is a class act on and off the field. He is a very hard worker and I think Yankee Fans are in for a treat. I hate to see him go he was my favorite Tiger. Thank you Curtis for the pleasure of watching you play in Detroit.:( D.