PDA

View Full Version : 1939 Play Ball; Let's help Dean

Rich Klein
12-05-2009, 08:40 PM
And create our OWN virtual set.

Start at card #1 and go to the end.

You must post only one card in this thread and you must post the next card in the set.

Let's see what we learn from a card by card posting :D

Rich

Dean's Cards
12-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Brilliant! You are such a deep thinker

Rich Klein
12-05-2009, 09:02 PM
I actually did give you some constructive thoughts in the earlier thread. But I am forced to agree with those who have posted that you are in a learning stage of how to best use this board.

The people here, are overall, very friendly. However; you have already recieved a warning/infraction for something and are continuing on the same path.

I guarantee you that the 39 Play Ball set has been covered before on this board and a search function and a little research on your end would have helped a lot. That was similar to the 64 Phillies tickets; where a quick ebay search (which I did) was really helpful in figuring out an SRP, etc.

Most of us are happy to help; when we have a good reason to do so.

If you have not done so, I would strongly recommend you purchase BOTH the Krause (F&W) Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards and the Beckett Almanac of Baseball Cards and Collectibles. Much of the work has already been done for you in those books.

There are plenty of other books on the hobby for your book shelves and again, if you are going to continue your hobby as a full-time venture; I'd strongly recommend buying those as well. A good reference library solves many questions!

Regards
Rich

P.S. Now let's start the set and let's leave card #1 to Dean :)

FrankWakefield
12-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Card #1 is Jake Powell. I'm pretty sure I don't have that one. I think the first one I can post will be Bobby Doerr's card #7. If this thread starts moving I'll dig mine out and get ready...