PDA

View Full Version : Quality reproductions of vintage baseball ads?

the-illini
12-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Hello,

I am looking to decorate my office at work with some baseball ads. Does anyone here know of a place that sells quality reproductions of some of the old color vintage baseball ads (Tuxedo tobacco ads, or something like those)? I know you can find cheap copies on ebay, but I was looking for something that would be nice enough to frame without having to spend thousands on the originals.

Thanks in advance

Chris

william_9
12-04-2009, 11:55 AM
The repros on ebay are pretty decent. The key is finding a seller who sells them with full disclosure. I've been waiting for a couple to pop up and I haven't been too lucky.

The Ken-Wel Gehrig signs look good framed up. You can pick those up for $20 or less.

Vintage magazine ads can usually be found for under $50. Not too bad.

John V
12-04-2009, 03:29 PM
The repros on ebay are pretty decent. The key is finding a seller who sells them with full disclosure. I've been waiting for a couple to pop up and I haven't been too lucky.

The Ken-Wel Gehrig signs look good framed up. You can pick those up for $20 or less.

Vintage magazine ads can usually be found for under $50. Not too bad.

Full disclosure... What do you mean?

william_9
12-04-2009, 03:58 PM
A lot of the reproductions on ebay are sold as originals. That's all I meant.

The Ken-Wel Gehrig sign is a good example. There are probably 20 on ebay right now and at least one will be described as original. Same goes for the Negro League broadsides that show up all the time. Most of them are well made and they display really nicely. It's just a shame when the seller will try to deceive the buyer.

Chris Counts
12-04-2009, 07:21 PM
There's a wonderful set of four colorful full page Wheaties ads of ballplayers that appeared in the Saturday Evening Post in 1938. The players are Hubbell, Grove, Medwick and Hartnett. I paid about $10 to $15 a piece. Type "193* Wheaties" into eBay and you should find a few. I've seen them framed and they look great. I don't think I've ever seen baseball ads with more bang for the buck ...