PDA

View Full Version : Current MEARS Dec. 2009 Auction- LIVE

Leon
12-02-2009, 02:14 PM
I am posting this for our MEARS friends as they are one of our valued advertisers and asked me to. I will always help our advertisers any way I can.

The MEARS December 2009 Auction marks the one year anniversary for the organization's auction house division. Over the past 12 months, collectors have enjoyed the lowest Buyer's Premiums (10%) in the industry along with no hidden reserves, no in-house bidding, and products covered by the MEARS Buyers Protection program. All bats and jerseys are fully graded and authenticated and come with MEARS LOA's.

The Anniversary selection of collectibles is befitting such a special occasions. For this event, MEARS has focused on quality and limited the number of lots to around 200. The highlights include:

1966 Roberto Clemente home uniform. Grading out an A9, this ensemble represents the only known home offering in the hobby from Clemente's only MVP season.

Other High-Grade flannels include those of Pete Rose (1970 road; A10), Warren Spahn (1954 Road; A10), Stan Musial (1956 road; A10) and Eddie Mathews (1966 road; A10).

Bat collectors will have the opportunity to acquire rare Hall of Fame lumber from Jackie Robinson, Mickey Mantle, Ty Cobb, Walter Johnson, Grover Cleveland Alexander, and Rogers Horsnby among others. The bat selection also includes a grouping all the starting position players from the 1976 World Champion Cincinnati Reds.

For autograph collectors, this has been our strongest assortment yet. Included are Babe Ruth signed photo, Walter Johnson check, Eddie Cicotte 3x5, Ty Cobb check, Thurman Munson dinner program, Jackie Robinson check, Mickey Cochrane check, Bobby Jones signed 8x10, and Earl Combs player contract are included with the highlights.

Rounding out the collectibles field are items running the gamut from rare single signed autographed items, vintage pennants and photographs, and even leather football helmets.

The auction will go live on December 1st and will run through the December 10th. Registration and auction information for the MEARS December 2009 Anniversary auction can be found at

http://www.mearsonlineauctions.com.

barrysloate
12-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Aren't the items running the "gamut?":)

A "gamete" is a germ cell.:confused:

Leon
12-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Aren't the items running the "gamut?":)

A "gamete" is a germ cell.:confused:

I think germ cells are in their next auction....

barrysloate
12-02-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm in the market for some flesh eating bacteria.

Rob D.
12-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Simply aweful.

Jim VB
12-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Actually, a gamete is a cell that fuses with another cell in the fertilization process.

Sperm and eggs are examples of gametes.

I sincerely hope it's just a typo. I don't want any of my memorabilia running the gamete.

Leon
12-02-2009, 03:24 PM
I fixed it....all of the talk of cells reminds me of biology and makes me queasy...

Jim VB
12-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Barry, Rob,

Meet you over on the Memorabilia board?

Leon
12-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Barry, Rob,

Meet you over on the Memorabilia board?

I was going to change that word to "spermatozoa" but decided to just fix it, as the sentence didn't sound quite right. :eek: