PDA

View Full Version : Is this acct hijacked ?

ChiefBenderForever
12-01-2009, 03:43 PM
I have a feeling this acct is highjacked, would hate to see someone go through the headache of not getting a card and the whole paypal ordeal if they don't have to, just doesn't seem legit. Someone already bid on the Cobb.

http://shop.ebay.com/ocallahan80/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

Pup6913
12-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Whats throwing a red flag here. The only thing I see off with it is it seem to have different backgrounds in the pics. Most sellers all have the same backgrounds (some with Floral patterns:D) that are destinctive for them. Other than some very big cards for sale here I am :confused:

ChiefBenderForever
12-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Well I hope he is legit someone just bought his 53 Mantle psa5 for 1000.00. No feedback since june, never sold a card before, and now has some premo cards for great BIN price, not super low but right at a great price.

ctownboy
12-01-2009, 04:52 PM
The Feed Back for the account does make things look fishy.

The last Feed Back was received in the Summer and there has been ZERO Feed Back given for the account as a Seller, all has been as a buyer.

You/we might want to report this account and your/our concerns to eBay.

David

Pup6913
12-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Did anyone read his feed back as a buyer???

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=ocallahan80&ftab=AllFeedback&seeallfeedback=See%20All%20Feedback&myworld=true

This would make more sense if he had never bought any sports related material but it looks as though he has. I had almost 200 feedback before I bought my first card on Ebay. Is it because he doesn't buy all the time? I think I am missing this completely. Am I not?

GoldenAge50s
12-01-2009, 05:49 PM
The 3 listed have watermark dates that don't coincide w/ the listings either--if that means anything. The Mantle didn't appear to have any watermark.

ChiefBenderForever
12-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Andrew,

I don't know how it works when an acct gets hijacked or how they steal the money but this acct would be ideal. No activity since the summer would mean this ebayer probably isn't watching his acct. My gut tells me something is wrong here.

ctownboy
12-01-2009, 07:41 PM
pup,

Having watched a seller (eBay id's - ACOFIND, theolestuff, fourducks) from Muncie, Indiana scam people out of thousands of dollars the last five years, I am skeptical and pessimistic about most every seller when something just doesn't seem right. This is especially true around this time of year.

I have reported this guy from Muncie NUMEROUS times to eBay, for listing fakes and reproductions as original items but they have done NOTHING to him. Yes, they have taken a few of his listings down but they have NOT banned him.

So, when an eBay account has been used to only buy things, has had no activity for five or six months and THEN big name cards start showing up for sale, I think it is fishy. Maybe I am wrong.

David

teetwoohsix
12-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Ebay doesn't seem to give a rats a*# about people selling fakes as originals-I reported the guy selling the fake "Magie" error card,and they let the auction go full-throttle all the way through.I also emailed the seller,who thanked me "for the advice",but left his listing up(no one bit,of course).I wish Ebay would hire someone from this board to moniter the whole pre-war section for the fake-sellers,scammers,and fraudsters-and give them the authority to pull their listings.Maybe not for just pre-war,but all vintage.Just a thought....
I am the guilty party for the floral backround:D:D:D,honestly,I am a beginner with the camera,and that was the first spot I could find without getting a "glare" in the photo-I hope to get a scanner soon:D-Regards,Clayton

Pup6913
12-02-2009, 03:29 PM
I got it. I guess i never really looked at it this way before because I normally buy from the same people and now the board. It looks like he sold another one of the 4 cards.

I was just messin with ya Clayton:D. Your background is unique to say the least.

teetwoohsix
12-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Of course Andrew-trust me,I have a great sense of humor-but didn't you know,this is a very RARE floral backround-hard to find,with TONS of mystery surrounding it:D:D:D

ChiefBenderForever
12-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Yeah he sold the 34 Gehrig #37 SGC60 for 1350.00 after bing a 1000.00, either someone got a great deal or is going to be paying a lot more for one when they realize this one isn't going to show up. It was at 1600.00 BIN so someone is answering emails to lower it-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320456680475&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT