PDA

View Full Version : Going to see a collection tomorrow

ksfarmboy
11-30-2009, 03:02 PM
I got a call from a gentleman about some items that he wants to sell. I know he has some crescent gloves and some catchers gear. He also has other turn of the century things but we didn't get into those yet. I was wondering what crescent fielders gloves are selling for. I'm not a big glove guy but would like to add a crescent to the collection for a fair price. I'll let everyone know what I find and post pictures if possible. Thanks for any help on the gloves.

slidekellyslide
11-30-2009, 04:31 PM
I can't help you on glove values Clint, but I can't wait to hear what this guy has. Good luck!

ksfarmboy
11-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Thanks Dan, the strange thing is he lives close to me and I've never heard of him. I might recognize him when I see him. I believe he's more of a glove collector but we'll see.

Clint

deacon
12-01-2009, 06:49 AM
Like most other pieces of memorabilia, condition is an important factor in determining price on the crescent gloves as well as manufacturer. Generally speaking, full web crescents might fall in the $750 - $1500 range.
If the gentleman has any extras or other early items...I'd be interested.

thanks

mm7dj75@hotmail.com

ksfarmboy
12-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I'm going around 2:30 and I'll let you know what he has when I get back.

ksfarmboy
12-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Well I just got back from seeing the collection and was disappointed in what I saw as compared to what I was told. He had many gloves but most were commons in poor condition. He also had several catchers masks but wasn't really interested in any of those either. I was hoping for a find but came up bust. The search continues.

Clint

slidekellyslide
12-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Bummer...I was looking forward to a post full of pics of all the goodies you picked up today.

ksfarmboy
12-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Dan I was too. But, I made a new friend and I think I might have got the old boy back in the collecting game. It was nice talking to a fellow collector and maybe I can help add something to his collection. I also made contact with a couple of glove collectors that were very helpful and hope to return the favor someday.

Here's to the next find whether it's mine or someone else.

Clint

slidekellyslide
12-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Good deal. Making hobby friends is as good a find as there is.