PDA

View Full Version : Theatre Cards

Leon
11-29-2009, 01:52 PM
One of the joys of being a type collector is collecting the esoteric ad cards that were put out. One of those niches is the "theatre" cards that were put out to advertise movies and theatres. I have missed out on a few lately but managed to get this one....any others?

E93
11-29-2009, 01:57 PM
That's a small quarter. Cool card.
JimB

Leon
11-29-2009, 02:24 PM
That's a small quarter. Cool card.
JimB

A quarter isn't what it used to be!!

ecRich
11-29-2009, 03:19 PM
I got the Cochrane Lindy Theatre card. Already have some Becker Bros. Theatre cards in my collection. Cool cards from a great team.
Rich

joeadcock
11-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Hello

I got the Jimmy Dykes. This was the third one that went up for auction that night.

Are these the only ones known? Never seen these before.

Frank L.

leftygrove10
11-29-2009, 08:21 PM
I got a Grove card from Leon almost 4 years ago. The Grove card reminds me of a theatre card, except it's blank-backed. Take a look at my Grove card and the Dykes theatre card that ended on eBay recently. The print font and location and style of the cards are almost identical. Leon and I have been calling the Grove card a 1929 World Champions Premium. (Leon has several others for sale on his website - shameless plug for Leon.) Has anyone seen any other cards like the Grove and Dykes with a blank back (besides Leon's)? Can anyone confirm that the Grove card is a theatre card?

http://www.bandkgreen.net/lefty_grove/1929_theatre_comparison_net54.jpg