PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go to the Cincinnati Moeller card show? (w590 Spencer related)

shammus
11-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Just thought I'd see if anyone went to this show from the board. A buddy of mine let me know that he saw a w590 Spencer there and I was curious if anyone else can confirm that they saw it or might even know who bought the card. Please see my BST request on this as well....thanks guys!

Brian
redmaccie@hotmail.com

Leon
11-29-2009, 11:02 AM
I heard from someone at the show too, that the Spencer was in attendence. I think it was the same board member as I did a transaction with him yesterday and he mentioned it.....Good luck, Brian. I know you have been looking for that card for a long time.

autograf
11-30-2009, 08:21 AM
Moeller...........went Sunday with Brockman (Cliftons8)......more or less a bust. Some vintage there but nothing overwhelming. Orlando Cepeda and Juan Marichal were signing autographs for about 15 people. Mostly just sitting there. Had to be REALLY exciting for them. I used to do this show from about 1988 to 1996 and it used to really rock. But, then again, most shows rocked during that timeframe, huh?

bbcard1
11-30-2009, 11:08 AM
I went...picked up two nice 1955 Ashland Oil basketball cards which I am hoping to make a little profit on by reselling...bought a nice (don't hate me cause it's modern) triple jersey card numbered 1/9 of Mantle, FRobinson, Yaz...a few odds and ends of former Marshall players and coaches...no serious buys...last year was the motherlode for me though as I picked up a very nice 1961 APBA set and a complete set of Marshall Ashland Oil. Son didn't really find anything. All in all, it's our father and son Black Friday thing and we really enjoy it. I did get the Frisch's ice cream cake with fudge on it...so it was all good. I have always found the real vintage stuff seems overpriced there to me, but I have been in this long enough to where my pricing isn't always in step with the times.