PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite eBay Store sellers?

SethY
11-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Just trying to get the general opinion on the best sellers out there, especially those on eBay and other top websites. I have had two great experiences with joesvintagesportscards and strongly recommend him, as he also has the best prices when you are looking at the Buy it Now's (in my opinion).

Who else can we look out for to better our eBay buying experiences? Also, is there any sellers we can avoid? What sellers are easy to communicate with regarding prices and such?

Thanks!

cfc1909
11-28-2009, 08:46 AM
hit the Old Cardboard link at the top of the page and that will give you a good idea/list of the top ebay sellers

Bosox Blair
11-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Bagger's Sportscards (bagger77) is also great. I have done several excellent deals with him.

Cheers,
Blair

joeadcock
11-29-2009, 06:22 PM
These 3 are great to work with:

jonsstats
prewarsports
t206-holygrailcollector

Frank L.

ethicsprof
11-29-2009, 07:08 PM
TheBaseballHobbyist

top drawer in all ways.

best,

barry

Pup6913
11-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Here are some of my saved seller I buy and bought from. Now that I only really collect one set I don't use a few of them unless they are selling my cards. These are just Ebay people. I am also on there but is better to work on the board with me. Just to add that the board may be the best and safest bet for buying and selling. IMO

tbarlarge
b-e-collectibles
buythatcard
joesvintagesportscards
just_collect
tywagner1223
zakazorik

Chris Counts
11-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Here are a few of my favorites ...

csacards3
sportsinvestments
wvshoebox
mwcards
jkbarber

paulcarek
11-29-2009, 09:25 PM
fgcards
Bill Henderson's Cards

Many good experiences with these guys.

BobbyVCP
11-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Why is there no mention of:

David Bryan

Howe’s Hunter
11-30-2009, 10:24 AM
tbarlarge
buythatcard
greenmonster auctions

cfc1909
11-30-2009, 11:47 AM
if you go to the Old Cardboard link-David is the number one ebay seller.

Sterling Sports Auctions
11-30-2009, 11:54 AM
I believe the tywagner you have listed is a seller with the last name of Powell. If this is him, he was caught shill bidding, after it was brought out he changed his ebay name.

I have had many transactions in the past with and went off without a hitch, but I do not know how much more I paid because of his shill bidding. Too many good sellers out there to worry about people like this.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=85677&highlight=tywagner

Lee

Bosox Blair
11-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Why is there no mention of:

David Bryan

Yes - David B is a class act!

I did not mention him b/c the original question related to Ebay stores. All my purchasing from David has been through either Ebay auctions or through David B's fairly new website.

Cheers,
Blair

talkinbaseball
11-30-2009, 06:03 PM
I don't know if he's considered an eBay store seller, but if you want a great experience try DavidBVintage.
the guzze's

White Borders
11-30-2009, 06:23 PM
Although not a store, I've always had great experiences with Alan Swaim, ebay id: bigpavb. Mostly lower grade, raw T206's. And his auctions all tend to end on sundays at 8 pm central.

And as stated in previous posts, the following are all top notch:

Tom Barlage
David Bryan
Mike Wheat
joesvintage...
buythatcard
greenmonster
just_collect
T206-HolyGrail...

Edited to add that I've heard ebay seller harrywright is also great to deal with ... i think he even posts on this forum every now and again :D

Sliphorn
07-08-2015, 03:01 PM
I have a bone to pick with CSACards3. In early 2011 I had ordered a 1963 Jurgenson rookie with purple sky and the postal service lost it. It was from a different seller. I saw that CSA, from whom I had bought a few 1952 Topps BB cards before, had one in the same condition but about higher in price. I emailed him and asked if he would consider selling it to me for the same price as the one that the USPS lost since I felt bad about this. He replied with this rant:

"Yes, you are still blocked. I've been in business 30 years and my feedback speaks for itself. However, I am sick to death of people who very rarely if ever buy anything from me, then never feel they have to pay full listing price on anything! I've had several offers from you in the past and as you point out our last transcation was almost three years ago. You had the chance to buy the card, but just had to try to knock it down $2.00. The customer that I sold it to has dealt with me on an almost weekly basis for over twenty years.".

He also blocked me as a buyer. I tried to get the Jurgenson card at HIS price and that is when he said I was blocked.

He is not correct about having submitted offers before as I always just pay the price or skip the card. If a seller has a "best offer" button, I may make an offer as it is obvious that this is acceptable. I am still blocked to this day. I explained that I just wanted to get the card the USPS lost. I had never approached him about deal before. Thankfully, after 30 days, the lost card miraculously arrived in the mail.

I wish people good luck dealing with THIS guy.

thecatspajamas
07-08-2015, 06:03 PM
I second jonsstats and prewarsports, and add hyee_auctions (when in season) and stinsonsports

Buythatcard
07-08-2015, 06:03 PM
FYI

Top eBay sellers according to Old Cardboard.

http://www.oldcardboard.com/ref/ebay-sellers/ebay-sellers.asp

Jason
07-08-2015, 07:12 PM
DavidBVintage #1 all day on eBay
Cresthaven had a few recent deals with them that were !!! Kohl Jr I believe

Plenty more but i cant think of them right now of the top of my head

slipk1068
07-08-2015, 07:20 PM
DavidBVintage #1 all day on eBay

+1

brewing
07-08-2015, 07:31 PM
PaintHistorian is the only seller I follow. He always has some great cards and uses painters tape. That has to count for something.

ksabet
07-09-2015, 10:01 AM
707sportscards and Yepbg

6sniders
07-10-2022, 01:42 PM
...this is an old post, but the Tywagner1223 on Ebay has similar recent practices. I was making an Offer on his T206 card, and while I was making a 2nd offer, he went and raised the asking price within minutes. When I realized it and messaged him about it, he said , "I raised my price so I thought you might go my price. Buy off someone else. Thanks, Jeff"

just be aware guys !!

Tracy Snider

Casey2296
07-10-2022, 06:24 PM
...this is an old post, but the Tywagner1223 on Ebay has similar recent practices. I was making an Offer on his T206 card, and while I was making a 2nd offer, he went and raised the asking price within minutes. When I realized it and messaged him about it, he said , "I raised my price so I thought you might go my price. Buy off someone else. Thanks, Jeff"

just be aware guys !!

Tracy Snider
Classic TyWagner.

robertsmithnocure
07-10-2022, 07:50 PM

just be aware guys !!

Tracy Snider

Out of curiosity, does anyone know who Tywagner1223 is? A board member?