PDA

View Full Version : Zeenuts with coupons....value as of late?

asphaltman
11-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi to all....I've been mostly away for a few months...taking a break and dabbling a bit more with online gambling (well, the stock market). For the time being I'm sitting on some call options that have a few months to go and getting itchy again to start picking up a few cards here and there.

Have the values of Zeenuts with coupons tailed off like most things as of late or have they relatively stayed up? Back in the spring anyway it seemed like there were quite a few more Z's with coupons that had popped up in circulation...wonder if it's still that way or if they have been gobbled up and hid away again?

Dave F

rhettyeakley
11-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Dave, it completely depends on the year of the Zeenuts. The early years with coupons have stayed strong while the later (mainly the 1930's) years have trailed off a bit. This is my observation based on what has been available.
-Rhett

barrysloate
11-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Hi Dave- I was thinking that you kind of disappeared for awhile. Hope you are well. Barry

Leon
11-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Hey Dave
Glad to see you back posting a little. From what I have seen I would concur with Rhett. What used to be $180-$235 in the later years cards, with coupons, are now about half to a little over half of those numbers. There have even been some decent deals on a few earlier year ones lately also, but they have indeed stayed stronger than the later year ones. That's probably because, for the most part, they are more scarce. That's wha I have seen.

tbob
11-26-2009, 09:17 PM
I think the coupon Zs from 1913-1919 are still very strong. I have seen a few more available in auctions from major auction houses than in past years but all of these appear to have gone exactly where the ones I bought went, straight in to a collection and off the market. The early coupon Zs appear to be rarely flipped.
Just my 2 cents...