PDA

View Full Version : Huggins & Scott Partnering Thread

rhettyeakley
11-23-2009, 12:58 AM
I can't remember if this is frowned upon on the main page of this forum or not but there are a few lots in the upcoming Huggins & Scott auction that I am interested in. If this is okay and there are others that have lots they are interested in feel free to post here

I'm interested in a few cards in lot #424 and would also be very interested in one or two of the 1921 Baltimore Tip Top's should there be a cabal in the works.
-Rhett

Note: If you moderators feel the need to move this to the BST please feel free to do it.

tiger8mush
11-23-2009, 04:58 AM
Lot #74 - (141) T206 and T207 Singles

I only want one card and its a non-HOFer. Probably a long shot that anyone would need/want me in a group effort, but figured I'd try!

Rob
:)

Leon
11-23-2009, 06:42 AM
This is absolutely permitted (cabals). :) Ya' gotta remember the mods of our forum are collectors tried and true.....

I was speaking with someone last night about a cabal for the Tip Tops since our friends at H & S grouped all of them, except the Grove, together. How else will us little guys get one?

For the Tip Tops, and the Tip Tops alone- Please email me if interested in 1 or more, and we can go from there. I have one other partner so far. I will get an email string going. Last time I wanted the Western Playgrounds, and tried for a cabal, but in the end the one I wanted turned out to be not quite attractive as I thought AND most of the guys going in wanted the same cards, so it didn't work out. I don't think this group will be as bad to try to break up. A whale might eventually win them but us minnows can give them a swim for their bait...... anyone interested can email me....Also, Rhett, if you want to organize it just let me know....makes no difference to me. I am not a ball hog...

My email is leonl@flash.net

Republicaninmass
11-23-2009, 02:54 PM
LOT 72 (118) 1909-1914 Baseball Tobacco Cards with (39) Hall of Famers

I would like the t3 and the t205s. A large grouping of blankets and t206's is also in the lot

Leon
11-27-2009, 08:22 AM
If anyone else wants to go in on the Tip Top lot this is your last call. We have 3-4 right now....We believe they will be a bit more than a few hundred each so if you are looking to pick one up for that....I think you are a bit shy on the amount......Please email me at

leonl@flash.net

to discuss options. It's not 100% set we will be able to come up with equitable terms for everyone but we will try.....

happy collecting!!

Rich Klein
11-27-2009, 08:57 AM
Because the odds are that a group would not depress bidding at all if a high level collector/dealer/whale really wanted this lot. In addition; this is not like a suppression of trade for H&S.

This type of lot is very similar to when Roger Neufeldt found those chickering cabinets and Lew Lipset auctioned them off in either an individual or a two spot for the lot. Some people believe that those cabinets might have even sold for more money than they did if grouped together in one lot.

So; either way is fine for a group or an individual bid and if enough people get together; the bid might even be higher than an individual.

Can't wait to see what the Grove card goes for. The earliest card of a HOFer, which pre-dates his major league career by several years.

Regards
Rich