PDA

View Full Version : SF Bay Area Sports Collectors Show November 28

oaks1912
11-22-2009, 10:58 AM
The 25th Annual St Leanders Fall Sports Collectors show will be held on Saturday November 28. The show features 73 tables (sold out) covering 150 years of sports cards and memorabilia. Baseball, boxing, basketball, football, hockey, olympics, golf and more. The show is located at Ryan O'Connell Hall, 575 West Estudillo in San Leandro. Easy freeway access from 580 (Estudillo) & 880 (Davis). Easier access from BART as it is directly across the street from the SAN LEANDRO station. Fly into Oakland or SFO & take BART as many others have for the day. Show hours are 9-4, Admission is $3. This is the longest running annual show in California and the second longest (next to Seattle) on the West Coast.

teetwoohsix
11-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Hey Mark,

This show would be a lot easier for me to access that alot of the shows on the east coast-I'm in Las Vegas.Do you know if there would be more vintage there(pre-war)than '70's,'80's,'90's,etc.?I would not want to waste a trip to find mostly cards from the past 30 years.Thanks for the information-Regards,Clayton

Chris Counts
11-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Clayton,

I've been to a couple of Mark's shows, and there's typically a nice selection of vintage cards and memorabilia available. It's a small show, but there's very little shiny, modern stuff, and if you're into old Pacific Coast League items, you'll be like a kid in a candy store ...

teetwoohsix
11-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks Chris,I know the area very well,grew up in the Bay Area as a kid.Still debating on going or not,,,it would be nice if they had some shows in Vegas every now and then............

Potomac Yank
11-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Hey Mark,

This show would be a lot easier for me to access that alot of the shows on the east coast-I'm in Las Vegas.Do you know if there would be more vintage there(pre-war)than '70's,'80's,'90's,etc.?I would not want to waste a trip to find mostly cards from the past 30 years.Thanks for the information-Regards,Clayton

Check out this thread, and see what I mean .....

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=117127&highlight=CHANTILLY

If Mark Macrae is involved with a show, you're liable to find some pre war. :)

teetwoohsix
11-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks Joe,after reading the thread you referenced,it does sound as if it's a continuation of that thread.Mark sent me a couple of emails,and if I can't hit this one,I will for sure be hitting the next one with a pocket full of cash.I'm sorry you missed that show Joe,but it sounds like you scored a nice gem anyhow!!!Take care,Clayton

Potomac Yank
11-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Thanks Joe,after reading the thread you referenced,it does sound as if it's a continuation of that thread.Mark sent me a couple of emails,and if I can't hit this one,I will for sure be hitting the next one with a pocket full of cash.I'm sorry you missed that show Joe,but it sounds like you scored a nice gem anyhow!!!Take care,Clayton

Always bring some coinage of the realm with you.
You never know when something will catch your eye. :)

Happy Hunting.
Joe

jabiloxi
11-27-2009, 01:32 AM
I will try to make this one if everything works out.

Dan Carson
11-27-2009, 09:05 PM
See you at the show Mark, Dan.:D