PDA

View Full Version : any info on website ?

rhaynes74
11-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Hi - just wondering if anyone has any background on

sportcarddatabase.com

(I am not affiliated except as a "member"). It appears to offer for free some of the same stuff that others charge for.

Any thoughts about the quality of the site would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
R Haynes

Leon
11-21-2009, 04:03 PM
To me this just looks like another spam thread but I am tempted to let it go just for the fact of the picture I saw of upgraded servers. You could run a freakin' fortune 1000 company on those things. That, together with the fact it looks like there is barely any activity, is quite amusing. *I will stick with VCP and other resources...but to each their own....and the pic...For reference that site could be run on one little blade out of this picture on their website...which is one little sliver (approx 1/30) of one of those 42U (72 in.) racks shown. And that would be tons of overkill :D.

rhaynes74
11-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Hi Leon and folks - no spam here (at least not intentionally - of course one person's spam is probably someone's tenderloin...) . Long time hobbyist and mathematician here (google me if you wish!!) Also interested in the use of technology to increase my enjoyment in the hobby (as I would assume most everyone here must be as well!). Created my own website/database to track my wantlist,tradelist etc. so I am always interested in like minded individuals/organizations.

Just figured I would ask the folks on this board as I had followed some previous discussion (some years back now...) about VCP.

Leon: I had a previous username (which was something similar to the current one) but I couldn't seem to login with it so I created another.

Best,
Ronald Haynes

Leon
11-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Ron
Welcome aboard.

No worries...and I just approved your other login ID too. If you use technology then you will know how comical that picture is that I posted, from that other resource. Good luck in your endeavors and happy collecting. Let me know if I can ever be of assistance. take care

BobbyVCP
11-22-2009, 12:33 AM
Interesting site you have there I must say, to bad you don't cover pre-war cards. I entered a 1952 Topps Mantle in a PSA 9 and you tell me it is worth $13,664.75, please tell me where I can get a few dozen of them at that price?

rhaynes74
11-22-2009, 04:17 AM
Once again - this is not my site. I was simply wanting to get people's opinions (which I have I guess!). Please read the whole thread.

I gather that you are suggesting that the pricing info is not accurate.

Best,
R Haynes

ps. Maybe Leon it might be a good idea to delete this one. Mr. Binder seems to have an interesting PR policy when dealing with potential customers.