PDA

View Full Version : Does the buyer premium factor into your bidding?

danc
11-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Received the new Legendary. See that BP is going up to 18.5%. I know it's usually a few %'s that separate the top notch auction houses, but at what point does the difference between..say 17% and 18.5% play into whether you will go another bid or two? Just curious.

DanC

Matt
11-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Received the new Legendary. See that BP is going up to 18.5%. I know it's usually a few %'s that separate the top notch auction houses, but at what point does the difference between..say 17% and 18.5% play into whether you will go another bid or two? Just curious.

DanC

I hadn't noticed that (though I haven't yet sat down with the catalog) so thanks for pointing it out. Not exactly sure I understand the question - the BP goes into how much I'm going to have to pay for the item, so I would think everyone factors that into their bidding.

tbob
11-12-2009, 01:19 PM

DanC

Dan- it doesn't matter to me if the BP is 15 or 17 or 18.5% I always figure any BP in to my bid in determining how much I will bid.

barrysloate
11-12-2009, 02:12 PM
The buyer's premium is irrelevant. You just calculate your bid accordingly.

JasonL
11-12-2009, 02:24 PM
to pay anyone just for the priviledge of buying something from them.

I'm sure if such a time comes because they are the only one with a one-of-a kind-item that I MUST have, then the buyers' premium will be factored into my bid.

However, thinking about that again, if I MUST have it, then I probably won't care what the premium is, and I will bid as though the world will end if I don't win my item.

Steve D
11-12-2009, 02:36 PM
The buyer's premium is coming out of my wallet, so you better believe it's a factor in my bidding. It doesn't matter if the premium is 5% or 25%, I definitely factor it in.

Basically, the higher the buyer's premium, the lower my "real" bid will be. And that's a fact!

Steve

sox1903wschamp
11-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Basically, the higher the buyer's premium, the lower my "real" bid will be. And that's a fact!

Steve

Agreed meaning real = your bid in the system minus bp. I also think the BP is a factor for the Consigner. The higher the juice, the less money for the Consigner. But for a buyer, it (bp) is just a part of the equation to determine your final bid.

Exhibitman
11-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Is that extra point going into the Mastro victims and creditors restitution fund? What, I kid the boys at Legendary...

E93
11-12-2009, 05:02 PM
I don't care if it is 100%. I would just bid half of what I am willing to pay.
JimB