PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Collection

Cooptown
11-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Sorry if already posted

http://www.cnbc.com/id/33505957

thekingofclout
11-03-2009, 05:13 PM
who schooled me in Baseball Photography long before his book came out.

He's easily approachable and willing to share his keen insight with just about anyone. Funny, smart, generous, loyal, and sincere are all words that describe him to a tee.

To anyone who thinks that he's just some lucky rich guy that buys everything on a whim... you couldn't be further from the real Marshall. He's a self-made man that fell in love with the sport as a child just like you and I did.

His knowledge of Baseball history is amazing. Put it this way... if SABR had a baseball team, Marshall could bat clean-up!

And although I've never been to Cooperstown, I spent four days at Marshall's house and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I held the bat that Gehrig hit FOUR homers in ONE game with. Those '52 & '53 PSA 10 Mantles, I held in each hand and drooled on myself. It just goes on and on...believe me.

It's just amazing and Marshall has some of the greatest stories to accompany the relics. It's been a few years since I was there but I've got myself all worked up to go and give him a visit once more. He has since moved and tells me that his new place displays the collection much better.

Those of you that know him will concur with me I'm sure. I just wanted to let the rest of you guys know that given the choice, you couldn't choose a better guy to have a beer with, than Marshall Fogel.

Sincerely, Jimmy

yanks12025
11-03-2009, 08:49 PM
I wish i could hold a Gehrig gamer. :(

sbfinley
11-04-2009, 12:19 AM
Amazing. Simply Amazing.

Leon
11-04-2009, 08:34 AM
When I went to my first National, about 9-10 yrs ago, Doug Allen took me, Scott Brockelman and Marshall, all out to eat. I had no clue who he was but we had a great time. Since then I have gotten to know Marshall a little bit. He always takes my calls and spends lots of time talking to me when I approach him. He is a very nice person from my experiences. He has invited me to his house too but I have never been able to get up there... ....best regards