PDA

View Full Version : Ebay and Insurance

JamesGallo
11-03-2009, 08:48 AM
I know we talked a bit about this when it was announced but how are people dealing with ebay's removal of insurance.

Are you insuring things and eating the costs.

Did you add to you shipping charges?

Are you just not insuring things?

What is your breaking point where you will send something valued say below $500 without insurance but above that you eat the charge?

I know we have a few dealers and collector's too that do/did sell on ebay and I am wondering how you are dealing with this.

I have been either not insuring things or eating it. Generally if it is over 200-300 I put something beyond DC on it.

James G

kylebicking
11-03-2009, 08:50 AM
I insure everything. A few dollars is well worth not having to deal with the unhappy customers. Save your receipts and file your postal claims when you need to.

iggyman
11-03-2009, 09:31 AM
I've been eating the costs and for the most part insuring cards that sell over $100. Although, I've been known to roll the dice and send stuff with only signature confirmation. When eBay first announced they would be eliminating the insurance option, I didn't think it would be a big deal, since I usually don't sell that many high dollar cards. But in hindsight, eliminating the insurance feature really stinks from a sellers standpoint (I'm also not convince it is so good for buyers either...).

Lovely Day...

D. Bergin
11-03-2009, 12:50 PM
I've upped my standard shipping charges slightly, but not enough to cover Insurance charges.

If it's for a larger amount or I get a nervous feeling about the transaction or the address it's going to I'll eat the insurance charges.

For most smaller transactions I'll roll the dice and send out as is and use the difference in shipping charges to cover any possible losses, putting the responsibility on my own shoulders.

I use delivery confirmation on all U.S. shipments to guard against any funny business.

ibuysportsephemera
11-03-2009, 01:41 PM
I use Inkfrog as my listing service. They offer very affordable insurance for items sold on eBay. I have used them for many years and would strongly recommend them.

jcmtiger
11-03-2009, 09:28 PM
I let buyers know I will add insurance cost to their shipping charges for any item over $50.00

Joe