PDA

View Full Version : Milestone ticket stub question

mr2686
11-01-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm just curious as to how others feel about this. When talking about someone like Pete Rose, you often hear people collecting a 3000 hit ticket stub or a 4192 ticket stub. Same with Bonds...they collect the stub from when he broke the record (*) or his 500th, 600th or 700th hr tickets. I was wondering why more people don't seem to collect their last hit or last homerun tickets...aren't those the new records? For Rose, I'm collecting 3000, 4000, 4192 and his last hit. For Bonds...well, I can't really get too jazzed about him.

3and2
11-01-2009, 11:12 AM
The market is flooded w/ milestone tickets of players from today. I've noticed people selling their ticket stub to particular game before it has even been played. There seems to be decent value for monumental tickets stubs before '89 especially if the ticket is in mint condition.

baseball tourist
11-01-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm just curious as to how others feel about this. When talking about someone like Pete Rose, you often hear people collecting a 3000 hit ticket stub or a 4192 ticket stub. Same with Bonds...they collect the stub from when he broke the record (*) or his 500th, 600th or 700th hr tickets. I was wondering why more people don't seem to collect their last hit or last homerun tickets...aren't those the new records? For Rose, I'm collecting 3000, 4000, 4192 and his last hit. For Bonds...well, I can't really get too jazzed about him.

I agree and like to try and collect tickets of the milestone games - whether reached, passed or re-established. With all the hype around the passing of a milestone there seem to be more tix available for such games on the resale market. For example, I have an Aaron 714 and 715 stub, but no 755...there were just over 10,000 in attendance at the July 20, 1976 game Hank knocked his last round-tripper, making it a tough ticket.

Ripken's streak, provides another example...I have 2130 and 2131 tickets but had to act fast the night after Cal quietly decided to sit one out, to get a ticket from game 2632.

Bonds, that's another situation al together. I had a run of Bonds single season HR record tix (and many of Big Mac's milestone HR games too) but purged them in one Ebay listing a few years ago. I don't care to chase copies of those tix myself. chris