PDA

View Full Version : Dimag, Lazzeri, Crosetti and who are these other guys?

PhilNap
10-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Can anyone identify the three other guys chowing down and the guy in the wife beater?

Heritage Sports
10-26-2009, 11:21 AM
I think I've got it. The guy standing at Lazzeri's left shoulder appears to be famous clubhouse attendant Pete Sheehy. Between Sheehy and DiMaggio is Del Webb, Yankees co-owner. Between DiMaggio and Crosetti is other co-owner Larry MacPhail. The wife beater guy? Not a clue, sorry.

PhilNap
10-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Jonathan, I too was thinking that could be Sheehy but Webb and MacPhail didn't buy the Yanks until the mid-forties. This image has to be 1936 or 1937. Lazzeri was gone after that.

EDIT: On second thought, based on that time line, Sheehy would have only been 26 or 27 years old (died in 1985 at 75 years of age) - I think the guy in the picture is older. Maybe a young George Weiss who was working in the Yankee system at that time and would have been 42-43 years old.

Heritage Sports
10-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Well I feel dumb! Of course, too early for those guys. I think you might be onto something with George Weiss though. He bears a resemblance to MacPhail. I still think that's Sheehy though, but (obviously, as history has shown) I could be wrong...