PDA

View Full Version : Harry Katz

PGACPA
10-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Anyone heard of him or his new book? It has some kind of tie in with the Library of Congress compliation.
Mr. Katz is signing nearby next month & I was looking for any feedback on the author or book.
Thanks!
http://warwicks.indiebound.com/book/9780061625459

BCauley
10-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Funny you mention this. I was at the car dealer for a tune up this morning and they had a Smithsonian magazine with a small article by him. It had to do with the photos that the T205 are based off of.

Batter67up
10-24-2009, 08:27 PM
There was a thread on this back on October 11th.

09-29-2009, 08:49 AM
base_ball
Joseph
member Join Date: Apr 2009

Great new baseball memorabilia book...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No vested interest here, but I happened upon a new book last night--Baseball Americana: Treasures from the Library of Congress—which I heartily recommend. It’s a coffee-table volume filled with fabulous, luscious depictions of baseball memorabilia: baseball cards, cabinet cards, documents, woodcuts, photos, programs, advertisements, and more. While the game is covered up until modern times, readers of these pages will be pleased to know that the book’s strongest suit is 19th and early-20th Century pieces, many of which I have never seen before. On initial perusal, I had some reservations about the design and organization, but I only spent about 20 minutes with the book and my mouth was watering, so that may change. I will say that Baseball Americana immediately enters the pantheon of great baseball “stuff” books, along with Smithsonian Baseball and the Barry Halper auction catalogs.