PDA

View Full Version : PSA Membership Submission

V117collector
10-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Is there anyone on the board who has a PSA membership and is ready to make a submission? I only have two cards I would like to be submitted. I’d be willing to pay extra for one of your cards to be graded or the shipping fees.

If there's anyone lmk, I’d like to get this cards regraded A.S.A.P.

V117collector
10-18-2009, 03:03 PM
PSA sure makes it tough for collectors who just want to make a quick submission with out be comming a member.. I wish they had SGC rules!!!

vwtdi
10-18-2009, 03:08 PM
I would also be interested in contributing towards a PSA member's submission for allowing me to submit several cards for grading (say $10-15 more than my fair share).

snoopy525@embarqmail.com

edited to add email

E93
10-18-2009, 03:13 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't think you have to be a member to submit. I thought they dropped that years ago.
JimB

Leon
10-18-2009, 03:49 PM
It used to be that your membership included several gradings so the actual membership cost was almost free by the time you factor the grading in. I thought that might be the way it still is but don't know. I only use SGC and Beckett at this point. regards

albrshbr
10-18-2009, 04:24 PM
I am actually putting together a PSA submission this weekend. I would be happy to include anything someone would like to add. What level service are you looking at?

My e-mail is bciemny@verizon.net

cfc1909
10-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Just use SGC and you don't have to worry about being a member to submit...:D

V117collector
10-18-2009, 05:10 PM
I am actually putting together a PSA submission this weekend. I would be happy to include anything someone would like to add. What level service are you looking at?

My e-mail is bciemny@verizon.net

E-mail sent, thanks!

Pup6913
10-18-2009, 06:17 PM
You don't need a membership for PSA anymore. You can't fill out an online submission without being a member but if you call them they will just about overnight submission forms for you. Only down fall is you have to hand write everything.

Like some one said before. Stick with SGC and "don't worry bout it"

sfmays24
10-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Keith,

I believe PSA will indeed accept a Sub without membership, as long as you are willing to pay full price for the grading(s)... discount Subs (CC Specials) require membership. Just call Customer Service and they will mail you a Form that list all the fees.

Good Luck!

Mike

V117collector
10-18-2009, 06:30 PM
The one thing the buggs me when looking at my graded cards is inaccurate grading..

What do you think this card would grade? The back is as clean as the front, no paper loss or wrinkles/crease.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/Maple_Crispette_Set/150.jpg

teetwoohsix
10-18-2009, 07:07 PM
I have to agree with Jim & Andrew,,SGC is the way to go.I do have a number of PSA graded cards,,already graded when I bought them,,but the raw cards I've had graded I sent to SGC-it's easy and reliable.Maybe you have a PSA set going?Good luck........

albrshbr
10-18-2009, 08:07 PM
I just checked the PSA website again, and it says there that you have to be a member, or submit thru an Authorized Dealer. Perhaps they consider themselves an "Authorized Dealer"?

I use both PSA and SGC for my grading, depending on which of my collections the card is for. My PSA graded cards are my 1960 to 1989 Buffalo Bills cards (and a few 1958 Bond Bread Bisons). I'm also putting together a SGC submission mostly of T205's and T206's.

chaddurbin
10-18-2009, 08:15 PM
the card is EX/EX+ by your description...if you're not selling there's no reason to get it graded...maybe the grader will ding it, maybe the handler will give it a crease taking it out of the card saver, it's happened.

E93
10-18-2009, 10:13 PM
If indeed you are not missing any subtle wrinkles or other flaws, I would grade that card Ex when I am in a good mood and vg/ex on a bad day.
JimB

greenmonster66
10-20-2009, 07:43 AM
IN fine priont on the PSA site it says:

Submitting Cards or Tickets Submitting cards or tickets to PSA is easy. Your first step is to join the PSA Collectors Club. Visit www.psacard.com and click on “Collectors Club.” As a member, you can submit directly to PSA. Please note that separate invoices must be submitted for different grading services and service types (crossovers, regular size, tallboys, reviews, cards and tickets) and subject to separate grading fees and shipping & handling fees

Doug
10-20-2009, 07:49 AM
I sent them an email to check, but as far as I know you have to be a member to submit to PSA. You need an account to login to get to the online form and the forms I've gotten in the mail still ask for an account number. Considering I usually buy my cards already graded the only thing I really use my membership for is reholders and the occasional review and it's not really worth $99 a year for that.

Doug
10-20-2009, 08:15 AM
Here's the official response I got:

"PSA does require a membership in order to submit multiple cards for grading. If you wish to submit one time then we can allow this as a one time courtesy without a membership. The grading fees range based on the value of the card and how fast you want the card graded. You will not have access to a submission form so please email me back your mailing address so I can mail out one. Here is the link to view all of the grading fees we offer: Fee Schedule for PSA Services."

Also I was told that you can submit cards for reholder without a membership. So at least if you buy a PSA graded card off eBay with a scratched up holder you don't have to pay $99 for a membership just to get a new 25 cent holder.

V117collector
12-08-2009, 02:47 PM
This card was originally graded SGC50 before it was successful upgraded to a PSA 5. The card was submitted RAW.

Thanks to Bruce Ciemny for the submission!

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/Maple_Crispette_Set/150.jpghttp://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/Maple_Crispette_Set/Doubles/IMG_0457.jpg