PDA

View Full Version : The Candy man is here..haha.

GrayGhost
10-16-2009, 11:28 AM
http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/199/wa-cummings-autographedcertified-cut-signature.aspx

Ive never seen a Candy Cummings autograph. The legendary possible inventor of the curveball is a rare autograph. But, Coach's corner has him:o Check out A Charles Lindbergh signed ball, More Mathewson, and Beatles autographs, Babe Ruth, etc, and Ive just started looking:D

And as it says in the description to lot 4 and I quote:

"when Stat Authentic approves it, you know its the real deal!!!";););)

check out the auction and BID NOW NOW NOW..and help support Chris "Id authenticate a Pontius Pilate autogaph" and Jeff and Ted at Crap Authentic. After all, they need to EAT TOO:eek::cool:

www.myccsa.com

barrysloate
10-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Scott- I once owned a genuine Candy Cummings twice signed letter- it was a beauty with baseball content. His signature does look something like the one CC has, so somebody else has seen the signature before too.

GrayGhost
10-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Scott- I once owned a genuine Candy Cummings twice signed letter- it was a beauty with baseball content. His signature does look something like the one CC has, so somebody else has seen the signature before too.

Yeah, but you sir had a GENUINE signed letter. That's amazing. Id think if I ever got rich, Id love to collect 19th century autographs, memorablia and letters, etc, as I find that time fascinating in our game's development

But, unless CC found this "cut" in a huge lot, as they have AT LEAST four Mathewsons that I saw, Plus ANOTHER Mike King Kelly cut, from the Double C find of a few months back.

barrysloate
10-16-2009, 11:59 AM
I just found the photocopy I have of the letter and the "W.A" is all wrong on the CC example. Unfortunately, a fake.:(

GKreindler
10-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Scott,

Was the title of this thread a reference to the Grateful Dead song?

Graig

BillyCoxDodgers3B
10-16-2009, 12:59 PM
One of my favorite Dead tracks. Notable in that the non-word "wantedest" was invented for its composition.

danc
10-16-2009, 01:15 PM
...and another J.J McGinnity. Neither of the ones last month fetched even $200. But my favorite of all, are the FIVE Christy Mathewson autographs this month, which is much even for them. The best is the single signed baseball where they say that "the return policy is in effect" and that it has not been authenticated, but if you want, they can get it authenticated for you. I wonder which authenticating firm/s they will use? Hmmmmmm...

DanC

base_ball
10-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Bit of poetry in this crooked pitch from CC? Pity the screwball who bites.

HRBAKER
10-16-2009, 01:35 PM
I just found the photocopy I have of the letter and the "W.A" is all wrong on the CC example. Unfortunately, a fake.:(

C'mon now, I am sure the crack authenticating team had any number of examplars in their binders.

keithsky
10-16-2009, 03:00 PM
What gets me about the histirical autographs that Coach's Corner gets is if they where real why would anybody in there right mind (key word) send them to a sports auction company and not a historical auction company where they would fetch 10 times the amount. probably cause they aren't real and they know that is the only place they can flip them with no problem.

barrysloate
10-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Good auction houses have pretty high standards for proof of authenticity before they accept a consignment, and likewise reject items that they are not comfortable with.

In the case of CC all you need is a pulse and your consignment is in.

RichardSimon
10-16-2009, 05:59 PM
Good auction houses have pretty high standards for proof of authenticity before they accept a consignment, and likewise reject items that they are not comfortable with.

In the case of CC all you need is a pulse and your consignment is in.

Barry - you don't need a pulse. Why do you think all those 19th Century autographs only show up in CC auctions?
They must be doing a lot of hanging out at graveyards and asking the dead "just sign these 10 pairs of pants Josh (Gibson)"

GrayGhost
10-17-2009, 08:26 AM
Speaking of pants, don't miss out on the Mel ott and Jimmie Foxx signed pants in Roach's corner actions this month. Only at Coach's corner can you find such wonderful hysterical items.

PLus, check out the smeared autogaphs they have. The reason? Prob spilled water on them after they got done signing them. Be careful boys...hahaha.

J.McMurry
10-17-2009, 09:11 AM
WOW at that signed Beatles White album, George and Paul must of been on good terms that day as they shared the same pen to sign their names. All you got to do is beat the current $100 bid and it's yours!;)

pscolgrafs
10-17-2009, 01:45 PM
In RRAuction that ended this week, a John Henry "Pop" Lloyd signature sold for $4,300.

Why didn't that consignor send it to Coach's Corner?

After all, they got some strong prices last month, like...Dan Brouthers for $264,J.J McGinnity for $163, J.J McGinnity (yes folks, they have quantities) for $84, Old Hoss Radbourne for $166, Mickey Welsh for $262, John Clarkson for $108, Christy Mathewson for $290...you get the idea and if you add all those up, you still don't get half of the Lloyd that sold in RR.

Three of my faves from last month, below and yes folks, those are the prices realized! Well done again Coach's for those strong prices!

P.S What year did the lime green sharpie debut?

william_9
10-17-2009, 02:06 PM
P.S What year did the lime green sharpie debut?

Must have been an experimental marker that was developed in the skunk works department at Sanford pre-1960's. Ty Cobb had a history of being an early adopter, so he would have been an obvious choice as a test subject.

Seriously, is it even possible to sign wool flannel with a steel tip fountain pen?

GrayGhost
10-18-2009, 08:19 PM
Roach's corner Auctions. Do NOT miss out. Those bargains above are just a sample. As was stated earlier in the thread, there are FIVE Matty signs this month. Don't miss the opportunity to get one to mat w your tobacco item, for one of the finest displays extant.:D

Pup6913
10-18-2009, 09:00 PM
anyone want to go in on a lot of balls with me and we can stand out front and throw them through the windows of CC. Make the excuse we are doing a chant to arise the real spirits to autograph the fake ones we just chucked through the windows:D

May sound and look crazy enough they just might let us go:D

Vintagedegu
10-18-2009, 11:44 PM
-

GrayGhost
10-19-2009, 08:06 AM
Yes, that last one is an amazing piece. Piece of ****, if you know what I mean.

Yes, they have had several Amelia, (tho she signed as AmeliO it looks like there) Earharts over the last several auctions.

There is no other place you need go for your autograph needs than Roach's corner.

Here is that unfortunate ball, that Lee or someone spilled water on after finishing the autographs. Perhaps that makes it a rare variation. If this stuff wasn't so freaking awful, itd be funnier than it is.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/199/satchel-paige--josh-gibson-autographedcertified-baseball.aspx

Oh, and Andrew, how bout a Net54 road trip to the Coach's corner offices so we can see some of their fakes/handiwork in action, and get the ******** shut down for good.

danc
10-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Everyday, I have a new favorite from this outfit. Today, it's....

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=181783

They always have quantities of Munson signatures, but a signed Cola can?

Possibly one of a kind? And to think, it's already over a whopping $70.

DanC