PDA

View Full Version : Question for type collectors: Do you often turnover your type cards?

Rickyy
10-13-2009, 01:30 AM
As a type collector, I get a high every time I add a new card to my collection and as of date, I have kept every type card I have acquired, but as I was going through some of them, I have been hit with a sudden desire to maybe replace some of them, not so much for condition upgrade, but to get another player or design. So to other fellow type collectors, do you guys and gals do this often? Or once they go in..they never leave...unless you decide to change your collection focus entirely...

Ricky Y

Kotton King
10-13-2009, 04:37 AM
I have a tendency to turn over my type cards. The reason though, is for exactly what you state.....to add a new type card to my collection. And add the fact that my outside budget coming in for cards isn't that great right now, and turning over cards is the only way to pick up what I'm looking for.

Leon
10-13-2009, 07:09 AM
I might be one of the more addicted type collectors out here in the hobby. I have a stable of cards that don't turn over. I think this reason is why some of the really nice cards in the hobby (not just a few I have) rarely get seen in auction or for sale. Not too long ago I battled Toby for a Cobb leaning T216-type 3 (paper version) on ebay. Since I had an E102 Cobby leaning I didn't really need it anymore and used it to subsidize the card I kept. Until I change my focus, or decide to not collect, the really rare will stay. There are some cards in my collection, that aren't so rare, that I will trade or sell sometimes, but the ones I know I won't find again, stay. Good question and one I might add more of an answer to later..

ethicsprof
10-13-2009, 10:29 AM
They never leave.
Same goes for the T206s.

The worst that happens to them is they go in a safe or a frame. :)

best,
barry

Koufax
10-13-2009, 11:33 AM
I haven't turned anything over in my collection ... yet. Finding it increasingly difficult though, especially when I see a card on the market from a tough set that I already have a sample of in my type set (like a YumYum).

Fact is that I only buy things I REALLY like, so the chances of me parting with anything are fat and slim. I'm resigned to the fact that I just buy what I like within my financial limits, and if I now have 4 Gypsy Queens, then I'll have to suffer with them ... :)

Yet, I can see a day where I would sell a part of my collection to fund a card I could not afford otherwise, like a Just So or 4-Base Hits. Maybe someday!