PDA

View Full Version : Net54baseball.com (new) Board features

Leon
10-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Just in case anyone doesn't know, or is new and hasn't had a chance to see some of the board features, here are a few:

1. There is a public calendar that anyone can add stuff to. It's easy and shows at the bottom of the screen. All you do is click on the word "calendar" in the little blue field above the posts and add away. I haven't seen very many people use it but it's a nice feature and is free to use. All of the get togethers, shows, etc....can be added there. Please keep them to hobby topics. I added the current Brockelman and Luckey auction to it and I think a few new folks have signed up because of it. BTW, it's not too late to register and bid (hey, might as well get a plug in :))

2. There is a community but personal photo album under that tab in the same blue area. We have quite a few albums and I go there often to see what folks are adding. It's super easy to use. I know because I have about 74 of my favorite cards there now....

3. There is a chat room. I have hopped over there and used it even as an instant messenger when I want to have a conversation with someone. It has a lot of features for privacy and other things. It is awesome if you have never used it. During the last REA auction there were 27 of us in there at once and it was a blast. We kept bemoaning those late bids coming in and keeping us all up late...but it was a lot of fun.

4. There are other pertinent threads that automatically pop up when a new thread is started, at the bottom of the thread. This makes it easy to see the topic at hand as well as other past threads that might be similar.

If there are other features I am missing, which you have used and liked, please post them. Also, we can make this a constructive board thread and ya'll can let us moderators know what is good, bad and indifferent.

best regards

Bicem
10-09-2009, 09:28 AM
The photo albums feature is VERY cool!

Leon
10-09-2009, 09:31 AM
The photo albums feature is VERY cool!

jeff- I agree...and it's super easy to use....

BleedinBlue
10-09-2009, 09:58 AM
I can see this as a great tool for tracking shows and auctions. I hope that others will use the Calendar to add major auctions and their local shows so that I can keep the dates straight.

Jay Wolt
10-09-2009, 10:08 AM
I like the new boards features alot more then the old one.
All the trepidation of the switch-over is now just a memory.

Potomac Yank
10-09-2009, 10:14 AM
The Other Pertinent Threads feature is a winner!

For those that don't use the Search engine ... It's the Brain Pickers dream. :D

But I bet you that they wont use that feature either. :D

jcmtiger
10-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Maybe I am missing something, this is all I see at the botttom.

Joe:confused:

Forum Tools
Post a New Thread
Mark This Forum Read
Subscribe to This Forum
View Parent Forum

Search this Forum

Show Threads Show Posts
Advanced Search

No new posts Hot thread with no new posts
Thread is closed You have posted in this thread