PDA

View Full Version : You have got to be kinding!

keithsky
10-08-2009, 02:38 PM
I just read that Darren Daulton is consigning some of his stuff to Coach's Corner. You have got to be kinding! I guess the hobby is still full of surprises.

JasonL
10-08-2009, 02:44 PM
What a huge win for CC!!!
They sure are movers and shakers over there...

slidekellyslide
10-08-2009, 02:49 PM
What a huge win for CC!!!
They sure are movers and shakers over there...

This makes me sad. Darren Daulton is mentally ill <---not kidding. Hopefully this isn't a case of Coach's Corner taking advantage of him in some way.

Jim VB
10-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Darren Daulton is mentally ill <---not kidding.

From Wikipedia:

Personal beliefs
Daulton holds a series of beliefs related to conspiracies, metaphysics, and numerology. He maintains that the universe is created and sustained by numerical synchronicities, and that all matter is charged with vibrational energy, which has escaped human perception because it is extradimensional in origin. He believes that those who are conscious of this energy can manipulate it to affect reality in different ways, such as altering the weather. He also believes that the pyramids and Mayan temples were created by a lost civilization, and that people with knowledge of the workings of the system will "ascend" at the conclusion of the Mayan calendar on Dec. 21, 2012, at 11:11 a.m. (Greenwich Mean Time), vanishing into a new plane of existence.[5] He recently claimed in a televised interview with ESPN that he has "skipped through time" and undergone "astral travel" and will "blast into space."

Daulton has authored a book on metaphysics and numerology, titled "If They Only Knew," published in 2007. In the book he discusses numerous aspects of metaphysics, referencing experts in the field, and his personal experiences.

10-08-2009, 03:11 PM
From Wikipedia:

Personal beliefs
Daulton holds a series of beliefs related to conspiracies, metaphysics, and numerology. He maintains that the universe is created and sustained by numerical synchronicities, and that all matter is charged with vibrational energy, which has escaped human perception because it is extradimensional in origin. He believes that those who are conscious of this energy can manipulate it to affect reality in different ways, such as altering the weather. He also believes that the pyramids and Mayan temples were created by a lost civilization, and that people with knowledge of the workings of the system will "ascend" at the conclusion of the Mayan calendar on Dec. 21, 2012, at 11:11 a.m. (Greenwich Mean Time), vanishing into a new plane of existence.[5] He recently claimed in a televised interview with ESPN that he has "skipped through time" and undergone "astral travel" and will "blast into space."

Daulton has authored a book on metaphysics and numerology, titled "If They Only Knew," published in 2007. In the book he discusses numerous aspects of metaphysics, referencing experts in the field, and his personal experiences.

In a related entry... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_Hale-Bopp

base_ball
10-08-2009, 03:23 PM
It should also be pointed out that long-time hobby figure Ted Taylor is acting as Daulton's consigliere for this divestiture. Now that is sad.

Butch7999
10-08-2009, 04:20 PM
On a very tangential note, we're a little surprised more folks here didn't jump into the fray on this thread from last week:
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=116476
-- mainly by adding some commentary at the source:
http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news_details/article/175/2009/august/30/stamp-of-approval-1.html
Granted, it's only a podunk suburban <I>Pennysaver</I> sort of a paper, but every little bit helps... e-mailing the piece (link at end of article) to a couple of people would boost it onto the "most e-mailed" list and possibly at last grab the attention of the editor and of readers who missed it the first time around...

slidekellyslide
10-08-2009, 05:16 PM
On a very tangential note, we're a little surprised more folks here didn't jump into the fray on this thread from last week:
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=116476
-- mainly by adding some commentary at the source:
http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news_details/article/175/2009/august/30/stamp-of-approval-1.html
Granted, it's only a podunk suburban <I>Pennysaver</I> sort of a paper, but every little bit helps... e-mailing the piece (link at end of article) to a couple of people would boost it onto the "most e-mailed" list and possibly at last grab the attention of the editor and of readers who missed it the first time around...

I missed that thread...that article was unbelievable. Since the comments don't seem to be working at getting some kind of retraction to the article I think you may have better luck by emailing the reporter directly

found this on the Phillyburbs website

cshoemaker@phillyBurbs.com

anyone doing a quick google search for the reporter's name "Carissa Shoemaker Debree" will also see that you can get her business phone number from the same website, but I won't post that here.

RichardSimon
10-08-2009, 06:03 PM
It should also be pointed out that long-time hobby figure Ted Taylor is acting as Daulton's consigliere for this divestiture. Now that is sad.

Sounds to me like they deserve each other.

RichardSimon
10-08-2009, 06:24 PM
From Wikipedia:

Personal beliefs

There are several other paragraphs in Wikipedia about Darren Daulton, stuff that I am sure he would rather not have on the Internet. Darren + CC a perfect pair.

JasonL
10-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Is Daulton actually mentally ill, or does he have a belief system that is often misunderstood and made fun of...?

Rob D.
10-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Is Daulton actually mentally ill, or does he have a belief system that is often misunderstood and made fun of...?

Jason,

I'm not sure whether some folks realize there's a difference.

slidekellyslide
10-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Jason,

I should have stated that it is my opinion that Daulton is mentally ill. I'm no doctor, but I have a brother-in-law who is schizophrenic and his beliefs are very similar to Daulton's. I've seen some interviews with Daulton in the last few years and he's got the look of mental illness...he just doesn't look like the same guy he was during his playing days. I have no idea if he's ever been diagnosed as mentally ill.

I also tend to think that anyone who thinks their body is going to someday blast off into outer space is a little off.

Jim VB
10-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Jason,

I have heard him do an interview with Dan Patrick on his radio show. He's nuttier than a fruitcake.

Rob D.
10-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Jason,

I have heard him do an interview with Dan Patrick on his radio show. He's nuttier than a fruitcake.

I wasn't referring specifically to Daulton and whether he's unbalanced or just has different viewpoints/beliefs than other people.

Vintagedegu
10-08-2009, 08:15 PM
-

RichardSimon
10-08-2009, 08:49 PM
According to stories on the internet, he was arrested on domestic violence charges involving his second wife, he is an admitted drug and steroid user and has been involved in more than one drunk driving incident. If those stories are true, what goes around comes around. CC and Daulton deserve each other. Maybe the ghost of Josh Gibson returned to earth on a spaceship and recommended to Daulton that he use CC to sell his stuff.

Jim VB
10-08-2009, 09:11 PM
What's sad is he'll probably get a fraction of what he'd get otherwise, due to the mysterious Coach's Curse that afflicts their Beatles and Josh Gibson stockpile. Not sure if he's desperate for cash or what, but I hope he doesn't get hosed on his prized memorabilia...

If he does get hosed it will not be his fault, nor that of Coaches Corner. It will be caused by a vast, left wing, government conspiracy, abetted by the FBI, the NSA, the CIA, and, perhaps, NASA. (It also might be affected by them fooling around with the Moon tomorrow morning!)

:D

Jim VB
10-08-2009, 09:13 PM
I wasn't referring specifically to Daulton and whether he's unbalanced or just has different viewpoints/beliefs than other people.

I have decided that the older I get, the crazier everyone else is.

Vintagedegu
10-08-2009, 09:14 PM
-

tothrk
10-08-2009, 09:47 PM
http://www.planetreptoid.com/i/reptoid_paul.jpg[/QUOTE]

:eek::eek:That's one of the most disturbing images I've ever seen. If memory serves, I believe Daulton was married to a Hooters girl at one point? That's got to count for something?

william_9
10-08-2009, 09:52 PM
http://www.planetreptoid.com/i/reptoid_paul.jpg[/QUOTE]

Boy, Pete Best sure was pissed after that band meeting.