PDA

View Full Version : Westchester Show this Weekend

iwantitiwinit
10-01-2009, 06:36 AM
I am looking to pick up some T206's this weekend is anyone going to the White Plains/Westchester show?

bcbgcbrcb
10-01-2009, 07:05 AM
There are always some of those around at that show along with other more mainstream vintage like Goudeys, etc.

T206Collector
10-01-2009, 11:49 AM
...plenty of T206s at the show. I am going to drop off three signed pre-war cards at JSA/BVG there on Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning....

iwantitiwinit
10-04-2009, 04:17 PM
I attended the Westchester show both yesterday and today and attendance was very light (especially today). From what I remember from past shows many of the dealers with more quality collectibles were not there, more balanced toward lesser valued newer items. Speaking to a few of the dealers they did not have a very good show.

T206Collector
10-05-2009, 08:44 AM
I was able to purchase a nice lot of signed pre-war material of Fred Snodgrass, including a letter with cool content, mailing envelope, signed B&W and a signed T206 card. The letter describes how Snodgrass signed the tobacco card and was returning it to the collector. Pretty neat stuff.

Rich Klein
10-05-2009, 08:50 AM
The October show was always one of the weaker WP shows even back in the day when Gloria was running the show and the hobby was flying.

One of the reasons was that the show fell in between the big East Coast National and the tradiitonally strong T-Day Weekend show. If the November show is significantly off; then we have a real trend.

Regards
Rich

trobba
10-06-2009, 05:00 AM
I try to go every time and am pretty much disappointed every time. My highlight is the 5 minutes I spend with Michael Goldberg from SGC to chat and catch up, he is such a nice guy, very knowledgeable and simply a good person. I was going to leave empty handed again, then decided to take one last look around. From the "sometimes you just have to say WTF" mindset, I bought a '74 Topps set. Didnt set me back too much and if nothing else it has Winfield's rookie card. Since my impressionable years in the 80's saw him in pinstripes, it was worth the purchase...