PDA

View Full Version : Is payBay joking, or insulting the buyers? .....

Potomac Yank
09-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Cards are listed at $75.00 each .....

Nobody picks up on them .....

Next thing you know ... they come up as Buy It Now, at $90.00 each .....

slantycouch
09-29-2009, 11:44 AM
So you're asking if the seller is trying to insult buyers?

mybuddyinc
09-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Joe,
Was watching the same ones at $75, and got a chuckle when they went to $90. I was gonn'a email them, and offer $45 on one :cool:, but didn't feel like being a d!ck .................... maybe tomorrow :rolleyes:
Fun, fun, Scott

Potomac Yank
09-29-2009, 12:20 PM
So you're asking if the seller is trying to insult buyers?

No ..... I'm stating what payBay is bulldozing the seller to say, and do.

eBay + Paypal = Monopoly = payBay .....

slantycouch
09-29-2009, 12:22 PM
I hate eBay fees as much as the next guy, but the seller isn't being forced to sell on eBay.

Potomac Yank
09-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Joe,
Was watching the same ones at $75, and got a chuckle when they went to $90. I was gonn'a email them, and offer $45 on one :cool:, but didn't feel like being a d!ck .................... maybe tomorrow :rolleyes:
Fun, fun, Scott

Damn!
That means that I've got to up my bid to $50,00, but no more. :D

Potomac Yank
09-29-2009, 12:44 PM
I hate eBay fees as much as the next guy, but the seller isn't being forced to sell on eBay.

Pray tell, where then?

Where would you recommend that a hockey seller from Canada sell his stumbled upon T210's?

Why do you think there's hopeful talk about another option to payBay? :)

slantycouch
09-29-2009, 12:55 PM

Pray tell, where then?

Where would you recommend that a hockey seller from Canada sell his stumbled upon T210's?

Why do you think there's hopeful talk about another option to payBay? :)

Personally, I would suggest eBay. But then I wouldn't have a right to complain about the fees.

I'm just saying that if someone wants to play, they have to play by the rules. If they don't like them, they have to make the decision how bad they want to play.

Ebay wouldn't be as big as it is if all of the folks who feel it's unfair just stopped using it.

Let's hope a better option comes along.

Potomac Yank
09-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Personally, I would suggest eBay. But then I wouldn't have a right to complain about the fees.

I'm just saying that if someone wants to play, they have to play by the rules. If they don't like them, they have to make the decision how bad they want to play.

Ebay wouldn't be as big as it is if all of the folks who feel it's unfair just stopped using it.

Let's hope a better option comes along.

Before this community was ever a dream, back at the 1990 Texas National, when advised about Dr Koos, and his creations, many of the dealers buried their heads in the sand ... hopeing he would go away ... he didn't, and he came back to haunt.

payBay only understands one thing ..... MONEY!

You don't try to reason with a DunderHead that's killing a Golden Goose.

If this community, and the lurkers that read it want to get the DunderHeads attention, there's only one way to do it, but it takes pelotas.

Boycott it! --- ..... --- But it wont happen, just like the Texas National, SOME of the dealers, and sellers wont band together, and that was a BIG disappointment to this collector.

payBay knows that ... it's their ball, and they will continue to bulldoze with as much as they are allowed to get away with.

Only people with pelotas are allowed in this game, all others need not apply. :)

Jim VB
09-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Joe,

Your anger is misplaced in this case. A seller who fails to sell something at $75 and relists it at $90 is making questionable business decisions. But they are his decisions, not Ebay's.

There are plenty of things to get upset about with Ebay. This isn't one of them.

slantycouch
09-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Joe - We're on the same page. I don't think it will ever happen because many people value what it has to offer, good or bad. As you said, where else would someone go?

As a for profit company trying to maximize their profits, I can't blame them for making money for their shareholders.

Until someone with pelotas steps up and pushes them out, you're right, they're not going to change.

slantycouch
09-29-2009, 02:03 PM
Joe,

Your anger is misplaced in this case. A seller who fails to sell something at $75and relists it at $90 is making questionable business decisions. But they are his decisions, not Ebay's.

There are plenty of things to get upset about with Ebay. This isn't one of them.

Thank you for saying what I ineffectively trying to.

Jim VB
09-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Thank you for saying what I ineffectively trying to.

I thought you said it just fine.

Sometimes Joe needs to hear things twice. (Just kidding Joe.)

:D

Rich Klein
09-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Doing something like that was considered reverse psychology.

If a seller thinks they have a good item; sometimes one raises the prices when it does not sell at a previously "fair" price to give the illusion that if you don't buy the article the price can only go upwards.

Or, give the illusion that said item was sold and the replacement cost more $$.

I know some stores that used to do this with some items and I do realize this appears to be the reverse of common sense. But their point was, raise the price and create an illusion of extra value for some items.

Rich

D. Bergin
09-29-2009, 07:08 PM
I do this all the time but with my website, not with Ebay. I sell a lot of obscure boxing photos and usually start everything around $9.95. Hopefully most items sell for more then that but sometimes you never really know what will take off and what won't.

With Ebay you really have a small window of time to find that right buyer. If you're lucky you get 2-3 of the right buyers to get into a bidding war.

If an item doesn't get a bid a lot of times I'll list it on my website for a higher price and just park it there until the right buyer comes along.

Potomac Yank
09-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Joe - We're on the same page. I don't think it will ever happen because many people value what it has to offer, good or bad. As you said, where else would someone go?

As a for profit company trying to maximize their profits, I can't blame them for making money for their shareholders.

Until someone with pelotas steps up and pushes them out, you're right, they're not going to change.

You're absolutely right, business is business, and I have nothing against a company that wants to make money ... except when a Dunderhead decides to fix something that isn't broken. :)

Now if payBay wants to change the format from auction to Buy it Now ... that's their prerogative, and their business decision.

Whether I play that game or not, will be my choice, my decision.

What does this all have to do with a Canadian hockey card seller going from a T210 $75.00 listing to a $90.00 Buy it Now, you ask? .......... Plenty!

Having spent sixty years surrounded by the business world of NYC, I fail to see the reverse psychology of that Canadian hockey card seller, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one that feels that ... he was steered to BIN.

Recently, we've been hearing complaints from sellers & dealers about payBay & Pay Pal ..... But, if a collector/buyer speaks out ... he's angry :D :D :D

Potomac Yank
10-03-2009, 01:48 AM
Apology? ..... What apology?

If I was targeted, and you took some shots at me, and I didn't notice ... It is I who would be apologizing to you for not noticing. :D

It's the sweet, gentle & tender ones that try to get cute with me, and when I respond to them ... they, the ones that play a genteel role, and should never play the cute game ... call it an attack. :)

You, and Rob are OK in my book ..... On with the games!