PDA

View Full Version : Need precise size of a 1954 Wilson Franks

brian1961
09-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Hi. I need some help from any board member who owns a graded 1954 Wilson Franks card that is say, very good-to-excellent, or better. I own an ungraded example, but its size does not precisely match the size listed in all the guides I have seen. I have owned it for over 30 years.

Thus, would someone please measure a Wilson card or two to give me their measurements? PLEASE--I cannot use "about such and such", but rather if possible, an accurate measurement down to 1/32".

Either my card is off a little from what the guides say, or the guides are off a little. Or, it could be that the Wilsons were not all cut the same. I recall someone opening a 1954 Topps wax pack a few years ago and the size of the cards varied slightly. As I recall, the grading company to which they were submitted was not understanding about the impreciseness of the cards........ While the subject is the dimension of the Wilsons, the Topps example illustrates how card sizes could vary.

Please, I could really use the help, but TAKE PAINS NOT TO SCRATCH YOUR GRADED CARD HOLDER WHEN YOU MEASURE. Thanks. ---Brian Powell