PDA

View Full Version : Eye appeal is everything !

ChiefBenderForever
09-27-2009, 06:17 PM
I finally found a sweet low grade 34 Goudey #37 Gehrig to replace the nice one I sold a couple months ago. I thought I had a really good chance of getting this one, I was so excited I thought for sure I would win it. It sat at 520.00 until the last seconds and then my 682.00 got crushed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160363628716

Al C.risafulli
09-27-2009, 06:21 PM
That is one gorgeous card.

-Al

leftygrove10
09-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Wait until the winner tries to pay for it... The seller PREFERS money orders and cashier checks... He won't take PayPal for this card...

ChiefBenderForever
09-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Doesn't he have to accept paypal? He ended the same card early last week ? I didn't notice he wants money orders maybe ebay ended last auction.

Leon
09-27-2009, 06:54 PM
That is a great looking 2. That's a card I eventually want to get also. Actually, either of his 1934 cards will do. I haven't ever tried to go for one strong enough to win it. I bet I have been underbidder a dozen times on them. I realize I can get one almost anyday but waiting for the exact right deal is kind of fun too.

leftygrove10
09-27-2009, 07:14 PM
I don't think eBay ended his last auction or two... I think he ended them... Of course, I can't prove that... Except to say that in his second auction he claimed that he wanted to be more descriptive in his listing...

I thought he had to accept PayPal as well... He DOES accept PayPal in his other (less pricey) auctions... Be he told me not to bid if I wasn't willing to send a money order or cashiers check... Look back through his feedback... Someone gave him a neg because of a PayPal issue... He later accepted PayPal on another card auction, but is now back to preferring money orders... Maybe he has been burned in the past with PayPal...

He also says that he accepts Discover card payments... I don't know what's up with that...

jcmtiger
09-27-2009, 07:28 PM
I had some auctions up about 2 months ago and I had money orders and checks accepted in part of the description. EBAY pulled the auction because of that information. The last I knew was you can only accept PAYPAL for your auctions.

Joe

Leon
09-27-2009, 07:30 PM
I don't think eBay ended his last auction or two... I think he ended them... Of course, I can't prove that... Except to say that in his second auction he claimed that he wanted to be more descriptive in his listing...

I thought he had to accept PayPal as well... He DOES accept PayPal in his other (less pricey) auctions... Be he told me not to bid if I wasn't willing to send a money order or cashiers check... Look back through his feedback... Someone gave him a neg because of a PayPal issue... He later accepted PayPal on another card auction, but is now back to preferring money orders... Maybe he has been burned in the past with PayPal...

He also says that he accepts Discover card payments... I don't know what's up with that...

From my understanding it's not mandatory to take PayPal but it is mandatory to take one of several different on line type payments, Mastercard and Discovery are 2 that are probably ok to take with, or instead of, Paypal.

egbeachley
09-27-2009, 07:33 PM
6 months ago everyone was ripping Ebay for making sellers accept paypal. Now you're ripping the sellers for trying to get others forms of payments.

ethicsprof
09-27-2009, 09:23 PM
breathtaking card.
hard to believe it's a 2.

best,
barry

GasHouseGang
09-28-2009, 11:59 AM
I think it's a nice looking card, but if the bottom edge is trimmed as it appears to be, it should be no better than authentic.

Doug
09-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Maybe there's a wrinkle that's not showing up in the scan. I had a PSA 2 1955 Topps Roberto Clemente rookie that looked VGEX at first glance but it had a very faint wrinkle running horizontally across the card that you couldn't even see without holding it up to a light at an angle.