PDA

View Full Version : OT Insurance for ephemera

pitchernut
09-27-2009, 08:36 AM
If this is not a proper topic for this forum please feel free to delete this. Any how was wondering if you folks do and how you insure your cards etc. Do you lump them into the home owners or renters policy? Is there a company that insures just these kinds of items? Do the items have to be verified as to not only do they exist but the condition they are in? Do or did you have to have them appraised first? I do have the cards cataloged, will this help or be enough? Any help would/will be appreciated.

FrankWakefield
09-27-2009, 09:10 AM
There are collectors out there who rely on a Smith & Wesson policy. The premiums are affordable, adding on new items is easy, claims are adjusted at near lightening speed.

DaveH
09-27-2009, 09:16 AM
I use Collectibles Insurance Services (collectinsure.com).
They are reasonably priced and you don't have to have your collection appraised. I just scan or photo everything and keep memory chip in a safe place. I believe they advertise here.

dh

ethicsprof
09-27-2009, 03:57 PM
i'm with Dave.
it's a good company and gives good rates particularly if you have
the cards protected by an alarm system/central station which I do.
i call it peace of mind rather than carrying a piece, as my ole friend Frank suggests :).
best,
barry

ibuysportsephemera
09-27-2009, 04:23 PM
I have used them as well for a number of years. The rates are much cheaper then adding a rider to my home insurance policy.

Jeff