PDA

View Full Version : Ebay's "Voice of the People" group

tbob
09-23-2009, 01:43 PM
During my last phone conversation with eBay, bitching about the idiocy of the new changes, the woman I spoke with told me 1) that the changes were permanent, so sorry and 2) she was sending my complaint to eBay's "Voice of the People." Apparently this is some kind of Star Chamber type group that oversees things when eBay screws up and they can override the mistakes. She did tell me that the VOP group has overriden some things in the past and permanent changes were reversed.
Maybe she was just giving me false hope, who knows....

D. Bergin
09-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Jeez, Ebay is almost satirical the way it's run. It's become a caricature of itself over the years.

Like William Shatner, but less entertaining.

Anthony S.
09-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Found a photo of the "Voice of People's" cubicle at Ebay:

Matt
09-23-2009, 02:04 PM
http://irldefender.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/suggestion-box.jpg

mintacular
09-23-2009, 02:25 PM
:D

Potomac Yank
09-23-2009, 02:47 PM
If they're not taking us serious .....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If they're not taking us serious, the only thing left is the language of money.
Every move that they've made during the last couple of years, have been to try to squeeze every penny they can from the buyers, and sellers.

Now, if the buyers, and sellers are really serious about this ... the only thing that might get their undivided attention ... is a boycott by both the buyers, and the sellers.

With the economy being what it is ... even a Mental Midget at eBay will agree that that's the last thing that eBay needs.

We can all use a month off anyway ..... Can eBay???

chaddurbin
09-23-2009, 02:55 PM
that's funny, mr bobbines!

Ladder7
09-23-2009, 04:01 PM
I like this group already!
http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/veexIeEH2OI/hqdefault.jpg

caramelcard
09-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Anthony: LOL!

Doug
09-23-2009, 05:51 PM
I figured "voice of the people" meant they were going to set up a twitter account and see how many replies they get to "Should we bring back the pre 1930s baseball card category?".

danc
09-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Very amusing and probably appropriate scans for this thread. Also, the thoughts of starting a group to remove themselves from the site is also amusing. Ebay is here to stay. We do what they say, or we can choose to do business...I guess elsewhere.

We will always have to abide by whatever moronic rules they set forth and learn to adapt to them, as I have come to have some disdain for many of the changes that they have implemented over the last year or so, truly limiting me.

I had an old vintage First Edition fiction book removed by eBay because of copyright infringement. How is that so? Of course all I received was a back and forth with canned responses and just gave up.

DanC