PDA

View Full Version : o/t stolen from sports card link

mightyq
09-23-2009, 10:45 AM
ebay auction-110436656979- if anybody owns any of the cards in this thiefs auctions i would advise you shut him down now!!! i noticed about 4 cards right off the bat, i am sure all are stolen scans..

told him the scans were stolen. his response-"Oh wait? Stolen? Do you even know who I am? These are not stolen, I have pictures of LOTS. Thanks for the warning though"

looks like i scared him enough to take them down, is response again-"Are you ten years old for thirteen? I own sports card link, I have ended all auction and reported you for a fraud report with proof of ownership. Matter of a fact, give me a number where I can call you. Im not fond of comments like this. I am a 3rd Class Navy Officer (Petty Officer Danny Veteo) You need to research quiet a bit more often before you leave such comments. I have reported you as well. Thanks for your concern."

then why would he say he bought them in a garage sale? lol, you can spend every waking moment chasing these guys down.

D. Bergin
09-23-2009, 11:06 AM
From one of his closed auctions:

"You are bidding on A 1922 W575-1 B&W ISSUE BABE RUTH SGC 6 BASEBALL CARD!

I PURCHASED THE CARDS I HAVE LISTED FROM A AUCTION/YARD SALE. WHEN I PURCHASED THEM I HAD PURCHASED A LOT OF CARDS AND NOTICED POPULAR RARE NAMES. I KNOW THEY ARE WELL WORTH MORE THAN WHAT I GAVE FOR THEM, AS I AM NOT A CARD COLLECTOR AND DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM, PLEASE SEND ME YOUR (HONEST) BUY IT NOW OFFERS/BEST OFFERS."

What a wonderful "Yard" sale that must have been. :rolleyes:

I love that old con. Pretend you're an ignorant yahoo to draw in the ever present too good to be true but golly maybe I'm on to something this time crowd.

mightyq
09-23-2009, 11:20 AM
i cant fathom why this guy would relist ??? looking for trouble i guess.

I love that old con. Pretend you're an ignorant yahoo to draw in the ever present too good to be true but golly maybe I'm on to something this time crowd. it is amazing isnt it!

Doug
09-23-2009, 11:35 AM
In his response he claims "I own sports card link", but in the auction says "I am not a card collector and don't know much about them". You would think someone that claims to own a sports card website would know a little something about cards. :rolleyes:

teetwoohsix
09-23-2009, 12:20 PM
There seem to be a lot of dishonest people on Ebay lately.For instance,if you can still pull it up,look at item #140342364796,,,it has ended-it was a supposed T-206 Magie error card,ungraded,starting bid $10,000.00,,,,if you look at the scan,all of the writing at the bottom is the same size.Clearly a fake.I emailed the seller(who of course has 0 feedback) and told him it was not an original.His response to me was "thanks for the tip".He did not pull the listing,and I guess my reporting him to Ebay did nothing,because the auction ended naturally.

jabiloxi
09-23-2009, 12:54 PM
It is becoming more prevalent and quite frightening really. The last thing I want to worry about with all the stuff I already have to worry about is getting ripped off on ebay. This guy probably makes enough off one unsuspecting and unreporting ebay member to warrant his shady activities. It just takes on gullible buyer. Too bad because I want more people to grow in this hobby, not less.

JasonL
09-23-2009, 01:30 PM
I particularly enjoyed the "popular rare names" phrase...absolutely rich with confusion, conflict and stupidity