PDA

View Full Version : What does it take for eBay to kick off a deadbeat buyer?

Buythatcard
09-17-2009, 05:23 AM
I recently had someone win 10 differenct auctions from me over a 2 week period. Over 3 weeks went by without any payment from this person. I went thru all the steps with eBay to file a non payment. I left them one feedback just to warn others. I noticed that they already had another recent non payment.

The part that bothers me is that this persons account is still active and they are still bidding. What does it take for eBay to kick this deadbeat off eBay before they hurt other sellers?

Matt
09-17-2009, 05:39 AM
I recently had someone win 10 differenct auctions from me over a 2 week period. Over 3 weeks went by without any payment from this person. I went thru all the steps with eBay to file a non payment. I left them one feedback just to warn others. I noticed that they already had another recent non payment.

The part that bothers me is that this persons account is still active and they are still bidding. What does it take for eBay to kick this deadbeat off eBay before they hurt other sellers?

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter. Regardless of how many non-paying item strikes it takes to get a user ID revoked, there is nothing preventing that user from registering under a new username and doing it again. eBay doesn't ban IPs and to the best of my knowledge doesn't compare new registrant addresses to other users.

slantycouch
09-17-2009, 05:56 AM
I just went through a similar thing. Unfortunately it seems it's a pointless fight.

Fuddjcal
09-17-2009, 08:05 AM
but you can do what I did when I got a negative from a non paying buyer...... Quit those Jack***** Havent looked at it for more than 4 months. I cancelled my account along with paypal the minute the idiots told me they couldn't remove the erroneous feedback.

Just because they run their business like monkeys doesn't mean I have to go along with them.....JUST SAY NO!!!!! To EBAY.

Buythatcard
09-17-2009, 11:37 AM
If there was another show in town, I would also leave eBay. Until then, I am stuck selling my cards on eBay.

They have never took my side when I needed them.

slidekellyslide
09-17-2009, 12:50 PM
but you can do what I did when I got a negative from a non paying buyer...... Quit those Jack***** Havent looked at it for more than 4 months. I cancelled my account along with paypal the minute the idiots told me they couldn't remove the erroneous feedback.

Just because they run their business like monkeys doesn't mean I have to go along with them.....JUST SAY NO!!!!! To EBAY.

I have been informed by an ebay associate over the phone that once you file a non-paying bidder alert that they can no longer leave you feedback. I am currently dealing with a deadbeat myself. I also have another possible deadbeat who has told me twice now that the check is in the mail - the first time she never even asked for my address and I know that you can't get that from ebay anymore because everyone who sends payment has had to email me for my address for at least a year now.

drc
09-17-2009, 12:55 PM
If a buyer loses a non-paying dispute with three different buyers, he is removed. I know of buyers who have been removed due to this. So file and complete a complaint and the buyer may eventually be removed.

buymycards
09-17-2009, 05:52 PM
I am currently dealing with someone who won 12 of my auctions. He doesn't respond to emails. I filed a NPB for two of the items. He then paid for the two, but not the other 10. When I look at his buying record, this seems to be his pattern. He bids on and wins dozens of items, then takes 3-4 weeks to pay for them. The amazing thing is that the sellers are still giving him great feedback even though they waited a month for their money.

Rick

GoldenAge50s
09-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Rick---

Post his EBay ID so we can block him!

JamesGallo
09-17-2009, 07:31 PM
I have been informed by an ebay associate over the phone that once you file a non-paying bidder alert that they can no longer leave you feedback. I am currently dealing with a deadbeat myself. I also have another possible deadbeat who has told me twice now that the check is in the mail - the first time she never even asked for my address and I know that you can't get that from ebay anymore because everyone who sends payment has had to email me for my address for at least a year now.

Dan,

I don't know who you spoke to but I dealt with this last year, I filed a dispute it got closed and they left a neg. I called my gold power seller and he said there wasn't a thing they would or could do about it, so unless that has changed recently I still think your SOL.

that being said yes 3 stikes from 3 unique sellers and you should be removed.

James G

D. Bergin
09-17-2009, 09:18 PM
How do you protect yourself or anybody else when you get a situation like the one in the Dan McKee thread?

There's a guy filing credit card chargebacks two months after the transaction. You're not even allowed to file a non-paying bidder notice after 45 days.

The guy stole several thousand dollars worth of cards from several different sellers and he's not only still registered but he still has his Powerseller status.

Jantz
09-17-2009, 09:51 PM
I went through a similar situation on Ebay about 4 years ago. The buyer would put in a high proxy bid like say $200 for a $100 card to ensure that he outbid everybody, then when he won and the final bid price was $125 he would refuse to pay. He did this to me on three different occasions. I went through all the motions with Ebay & blocked him from bidding. Eventually Ebay kicked him off, but as Matt said, he just made a new account and started bidding on my auctions again.

So my advice is, if you make the choice to keep selling on Ebay. Go through the motions to protect yourself from further problems with this deadbeat buyer, but be prepared because he may come back later under a new account and start bidding again.

Also, don't wait on Ebay to do anything about this. They seem to get to things when they think its time to.

Hope this helps

Jantz

slidekellyslide
09-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Dan,

I don't know who you spoke to but I dealt with this last year, I filed a dispute it got closed and they left a neg. I called my gold power seller and he said there wasn't a thing they would or could do about it, so unless that has changed recently I still think your SOL.

that being said yes 3 stikes from 3 unique sellers and you should be removed.

James G

James, I was told this was going into effect this month...ebay actually called me to tell me that I qualified for PowerSeller status (whoopdeedoo) and the gal told me about the changes that were coming soon.

JamesGallo
09-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Dan,

Well that would be amazing, have you seen this in writing yet? I wonder what the restrictions will be on it?

That could be the only smart moves ebay has made in years.

James G

dennis
09-19-2009, 05:47 AM
the same deadbeat bought 10 goudey hall of famers from me also,and did not pay for any (over $800.00). he put in over 10 last minute bids on the some items and did not pay for any. i sold 6 on second chance offers and filed non payment on the other 2 and yet this clown still is bidding .i looked up his bidding history and it is a joke.an absolute joke, hundreds of bids and wins! he pays for modern cheap junk (99 cent garbage 2 or 3 weeks later and gets positive feedback from sellers!!! pm me if you sell on ebay and i'll give you his id.it looks as he is not as active so maybe he is kicked off but does not say if you look at his ebay id.

Buythatcard
09-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Would it be legal for us to start a thread called Deadbeat Buyers. We could list the buyer id of the deadbeat along with their crime.

It would be a great place to check out deadbeats so that we can exclude them from buying from us.

buymycards
09-19-2009, 08:25 PM
The bidder that I am referring to is musicman3212. Jeffrey Williams, West Des Moines, Iowa. On September 15th he told me that he lost his job and didn't have the money to pay for the 10 auctions that he won from me. Since then he has paid other sellers for over 150 items. I just filed 10 NPB's.

Rick

slidekellyslide
09-19-2009, 08:31 PM
My deadbeat bidder has won and paid for over $300 in auctions since he "won" mine, and he won't cough up the $48 bucks he owes me....he also has not responded to my complaint through ebay's resolution center after 3 days have passed. How long does ebay give this idiot to respond before I can relist the item?

slidekellyslide
09-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Heh. my ebay bidder paid for his item just 5 minutes after I posted this message. :D I blocked him from my future ebay auctions and I'm sure he's going to ding me on feedback. :rolleyes:

dennis
09-20-2009, 06:15 AM
My deadbeat bidder has won and paid for over $300 in auctions since he "won" mine, and he won't cough up the $48 bucks he owes me....he also has not responded to my complaint through ebay's resolution center after 3 days have passed. How long does ebay give this idiot to respond before I can relist the item?

you can relist immeadiately or you can make a second chance offer any time. ebay waits 7 days for the deadbeat to pay or respond.....they never do. so you can close the case and get your final value fees back after 7 days. and you still get your final value fees back if the deadbeat does not respond and you sold the item to the underbidder.

Fuddjcal
09-20-2009, 09:45 AM
you can relist immeadiately or you can make a second chance offer any time. ebay waits 7 days for the deadbeat to pay or respond.....they never do. so you can close the case and get your final value fees back after 7 days. and you still get your final value fees back if the deadbeat does not respond and you sold the item to the underbidder.

but if you ask them for payment in those 7 days, even though they have no communication with you what so ever and no intentions of paying, they can give you a negative and that's my pet peave and why I quit those MF'ers:eek:.

I just despise e-bay and the more I hear about it, the more I'm thinking about putting them in the "Fudd Curse".

GM was once in the "Fudd Curse" for over 25 years thanks to a 1981 Trans Am lemon that blew up after 20,000 miles, amongst 20 other problems with the list too long to mention. I boycotted them and asked anyone who would listen to join me. We'll apparently after 27 years a few million people did join me and those A-holes crippled themselves into submission. I love my Infinity! 1 year old and back to the dealer with problems.....ZERO TIMES. Thanks for the memories GM. Your cars suck and so do you.:D

Come to think of it, I am reviving the old "Fudd Curse" and cursing those A-clowns at E-bay. Will anyone join me this time? Only time will tell.:)

botn
09-20-2009, 10:02 AM
Would it be legal for us to start a thread called Deadbeat Buyers. We could list the buyer id of the deadbeat along with their crime.

It would be a great place to check out deadbeats so that we can exclude them from buying from us.

Great idea actually but this board is more geared towards chastising those who sell.