PDA

View Full Version : Now for the rest of the story.

Pup6913
09-13-2009, 04:16 PM
For the last 4 months Net 54 has been part of everyday life for me. I can't wait to get home and see whats been posted as well as any new items for sale on ther B/S/T. I start my day checking Ebay and the Board then go to work and when I get home do it again. It has accoured to me though because I called out Jason because he balked on a deal that I am now not to be trusted or dealt with because I am not afraid to speak my mind or Stand corrected if the case calls for it which I have and have no problem in doing so.

For all you guys who have PM'ed me and made your comments in regards to Jason and me calling him out on our deal I think you should know the rest of the story. Below are the 10 cards I bought from Jason. He said that they were taken back not because of another buyer but because of me. Only a few ended up on Ebay.

Abatchio
A. Latham
Archer
Needham
Reulbach
Harry Mc Intyre
Gaspar
Meyers
Kling
D Jones

Anyone who wants to go and look at the thread "Calling you Out....." you will notice there is one of my cards that was posted. I am 100% sure the buyer did not know(I hope so) he was buying an already sold card but Jason sold it to him I am sure for more than I paid. I was told by Jason to contact Leon or what ever and he would take any reprocussion that came with it over the deal. I am sure he didn't think I had the balls to do this and out him for what he is. Maybe he should have told me he had a better offer and I might have coughed up a bit more money or I would have told him to give me my money back and let the guy go about his business. The reason I was so pissed falls on the fact that 2 days after I paid for the item and it was shipped he was able to reobtain the package to sell the card(s) for more money. Another thing is since the USPS sends Express mail overnight I thought it was the same there and I would recieve the cards within 2 days given customs. 9-10 days would be parcel Post here and as cheap as you could get. So Thats why I thought what I did. Even after it was clarified I said thanks for the clarification as I was not upset because he had told me how Canada works.

Now this brings me to another part of the story. After seeing some cards on Ebay and trying to bid on them with about an hr and a half left I found I was blocked from this seller. Then as I read the description it said something about Canada so I assumed it was Jason. I sent an email anyways and asked if it was him or if there was a reason I was blocked. A few hrs after the auctions ended I got an email accusing me of contacting 4 people to bid on cards because I was blocked from bidding. He also says that someone from my town won them. Wow after all the crap I already had to deal with I am going to go that far out of the way to buy cards from this guy. So I would post the emails but it seems that some of you are to sensitive to the facts and they would be deleted or removed.

So in final closing I think this is a great time to take an extended leave or maybe permanent from the site. I can't sell anything because alot of you don't pay what items are selling for. But so help me god if I offer you market on cards, or even a bit under like I get all the time. Every card or item I have bought from the Board has been over market prices and I just paid it because I wanted the cards. Except 1 single card and I got it from the auction thread.

I thank all of you that I have had great transactions and laughs with. Everybody that posts some of the neatest cards I have seen for the eye candy. Also anyone else I may have forgotten.

Best wishes in Collecting and have a great one,

Andrew

rhettyeakley
09-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Andrew, I don't feel that there is any need for you to take a leave or anything like that, but if you feel like you have to then do what makes you happy.

You and I have never had any transactions & you seem like a very passionate collector, something we need more of around here (not less.) What I say here is not a slight towards you or an attack of any kind, just some observations.

It just seems like you came on the site a bit strong for some people (I think). Most new posters here tend to post every once in awhile and slowly assimilate themselves into the community, and eventually they may or may not become one of the regular posters on the forum. I personally have been posting since the old Full Count forum that preceeded this one, and I have "Known" many of these guys on this forum for 10-15 years. This forum almost becomes like a semi-family atmosphere (this is not always a good thing) where when a newcomer makes too much noise it might ruffle some feathers, which is what I think happened w/ the whole Jason thing. Jason has been a valued memeber of this forum (and the hockey forum) for a # of years and many know him personally (I do not but have had positive tranasctions w/ him in the past) so I can understand why a few may be a little harsh when you "called him out"

If you feel like you need to take a short leave of absence then that is up to you, but we do appreciate peoples passion for this little hobby of ours and I stand by what I said earlier, we need more collectors rather than less.

-Rhett

carrigansghost
09-13-2009, 08:36 PM
A bit over the top for me as late. Andrew .............. chill.

Rawn

kcohen
09-14-2009, 04:13 AM
If you are that sensitive then maybe you should find another cite to blog on.

bh3443
09-14-2009, 02:14 PM
I don't know either one of you gentleman, but there's plenty of room for you both on here, so I hope you stay here. You seem to enjoy our little community. Plus, there's no shortage of 205's around and I'm sure you can buy any card you want eventually.
Take it from me, as I unfortunately know this for a fact, life is too short to get upset over a few cards or a deal that did not work out.
Personally, I love this site. The only time you won't see me on here is when I'm at the big card show in the sky.
All my best to everyone,
Bill

Adam
10-20-2009, 05:13 PM
. . . So in final closing I think this is a great time to take an extended leave or maybe permanent from the site . . . .
Best wishes in Collecting and have a great one,

Andrew

Andrew - How have you been doing taking your extended or maybe permanent leave from the site? I count a ton of new recent threads you have started.

What's up with that?????

Seems entirely inconsistent with what you recently said (i.e. you were going to take an "extended" or "maybe permanent" leave from the site), no?????

chiprop
10-20-2009, 05:23 PM
I think if anyone in the future says that they are taking a break, they should banished from the kingdom. Just go, no one cares! I'm not insensitive, or maybe I am, but people come here to talk cards and bullsh*t with each other. Thin-skins need not apply. Just say what you want, let others do the same, and move on. No more sensitive stuff. Save that for your girlfriend or boyfriend. Peace!

botn
10-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Andrew, meet Brad. Brad, this is Andrew.

Could you boys scream out for attention just a bit louder? You kids should be ashamed. I move for a 30 day time out immediately. For Brad too for wasting bandwidth.

Listening to Brad's nonsense a few weeks ago was more than enough. Now it seems we have encouraged this behavior.

Don't know about anyone else but I am actually embarrassed for these two boys. No more diaper changing on this board.

slidekellyslide
10-20-2009, 06:34 PM
There is no reason to bring back this thread other than to start a fight.

Jacklitsch
10-20-2009, 06:34 PM
After 36 days this thread had to be resurrected.

Why?