PDA

View Full Version : In Memory of 9-11

Pup6913
09-11-2009, 09:21 PM
I am dissapointed that there was nothing here today about the tragity that struck or nation 8 yrs ago.

I was in the military and was watching TV as the 2nd plane stuck. I literally thought it was a movie trailer till 6 months later I was deployed to the middle of hell. I lost a few friends and had several family members who were affected by this incodent.

I want to send my deepest condolences to all the people affected by this and my greatest thanks to all Military, (Especially my Dad W3 Bob Breternitz who redeployed today. Return safely and I love you.) Also all men and women in uniform. Police, Firemen, Paramedics, and even the volunteers.

You Are Not Forgotten And Are All Hero's

Ladder7
09-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Andrew, Memories, good and bad fade over time. We had a memorial this AM attended by just a small fraction of the first anniversary mass. Even some of the fire guys opted out. Not a slight, just folks trying to move on. Like the new structure being raised on Liberty Street, our wound is finally healing. But certainly the scar will remain.

A heartfelt thankyou to your dad and the other vols on active duty.

ChiefBenderForever
09-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Hard to believe it was 8 years ago. Everyone was affected in one way or another, the world as we knew it will never be the same.

calvindog
09-11-2009, 11:25 PM
I painted a park bench today. Felt much better about it all. Oh wait -- what was today again?