PDA

View Full Version : Baseball figure Identification

kellymunoz
09-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Hi, I found this doll in an antiques shop. I know nothing about the maker, or value for resale. It is 7 1/2 inches tall. I cannot find any manufaturer marks on him, possible there is one under his clothing but his clothing is stapled in place by three small staples that cannot be removed without damaging the figure. His joints are immobile and he is made out of a rubbery plastic material. His hat is made out of felt and his clothng is made out of cotton. He's kind of dirty though I've cleaned up his face a bit since this pic with water and a q-tip so he looks a little healthier pink now. thanks in advance for your help, most sincerely, Kelly

GoldenAge50s
09-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Kelly---

Am surprised no-one has offered a remark about the doll. It just makes me more sure that it is an individual creation rather than a manufactured item---More of a "folk art' thing.

kellymunoz
09-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi, I just got a lead on a doll collectors site. There was a company in the 1950's Called Flagg that made hundreds of poseable dolls in the same size range in all sorts of costumes and proffesions, the ones I saw looked very similar to this guy only in much better condition. The other clue is that the company was based in Mass. which would explain the red sox on my guy. Unfortunately he is not in the best of condition and I am still looking for this character amongst the Flagg examples but there isn't a whole lot about them on the net other than that they are collectable and some are rarer than others. Thanks so much for your interest and help, most sincerely, Kelly
P.S. It's fun trying to figure out the history on these vintage things, It's like solving a mystery!:)