PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Hunt Auction -- great closing method

Adam
09-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Thank you, Hunt Auctions, for the way you close individual lots in your auctions. I had bid on one lot in the Hunt Auction tonight. It hit 10:00pm, no one put in another bid on that one lot, so at 10:20pm I won that lot. Over and done with. My lot did not stay "open" just because someone may have put in a bid on a different lot.

There is no need to drag things out and close all lots at once in large auctions. The Hunt way is much more efficient in my opinion.

carrigansghost
09-09-2009, 08:34 PM
I believe I won a Carrigan signed ball, so I am pleased as well.

Rawn

Matt
09-09-2009, 08:34 PM

Rawn

Rawn - that's a fantastic pickup for you - congrats!

carrigansghost
09-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Thank Matt, I owe it all to a fellow member that alerted me to the auction...........Thanks SEAN!!!!! I owe you one.

Rawn

sox1903wschamp
09-09-2009, 08:53 PM

Rawn

Nicely done Rawn. I will have to check out the pic on the auction site. Congrats.

"There is no need to drag things out and close all lots at once in large auctions. The Hunt way is much more efficient in my opinion".

Much agreed Adam.

perezfan
09-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Yes.. congrats to you both! This closing format works well if you are high on an item and it receives no bids in the overtime session.

But if you get bumped late, and want to switch over to an alternate lot, you are completely screwed (because the other lots have already closed). This scenario seems to happen much more for me than the scenario which allowed you both to win tonight. So I prefer the Lelands/REA style format.

Just my opinion though, and I realize I'm in the minority.

bcbgcbrcb
09-10-2009, 05:21 AM
I have to agree with Adam, I prefer the auctions where lots close on an individual basis. Being on the east coast, this avoids me stayng up until all hours of the night. If you are interested in multiple lots, you have to prioritize and hope that it works out for the best.

glynparson
09-10-2009, 05:25 AM
I think it is unfair to a consignor after all there obligation is to try an ethically get him the most money they can for his consigned material. I know legacy ended this way as well and my friend was extremelly disappointed with his consignments to Greg. Though I as a bidder did win a number of things from the legacy auction.

milkit1
09-10-2009, 07:10 AM
Glad you got it Rawn! Though I will always have to question why Hunt Didnt even mention Carrigan was on the ball?

T206Collector
09-11-2009, 09:33 AM
...A bidder friendly system. If that encourages more bids than the alernate clsoing method then it is good for consignors. Otherwise...

19cbb
09-11-2009, 10:09 AM
If the winner of lot number 14 (http://www.huntauctions.com/phone/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=66&lot_num=14) (1866 Haney's Base Ball Reference) wants to help with a research project with a scan or xerox of a couple of pages of the guide, please email me.

If someone happens to know who won the lot, I would really appreciate a forward of this message.

Thx!

leiderman@gmail.com

Potomac Yank
09-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Sean to Rawn to Carrigan ... I congratulate you.

Everyone wins with the Hunt Humanitarian Closing. :)

It certainly has my vote.