PDA

View Full Version : Heriatge auctions are now up!

where the gold at?
09-06-2009, 02:45 PM
One word Wow!
That chance yellow port signed t206 is sexy!
:eek:

Leon
09-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Looks like the high grade collectors should be drooling.....Chris runs a nice auction house....Interesting to see the CDV's that were once part of a nice photo collage....

** disclaimer- Heritage is an advertiser here.....but they still have a nice auction :)

e107collector
09-07-2009, 11:45 AM
The first 20 lots in the Heritage auction are superb.

Not to hijack the thread, but I also hear that the next Mile High Auction is supposed to be their best yet. I think the auction starts in 3 weeks.

Tony

deadballera
09-07-2009, 12:55 PM
very nice selection of cards

look forward to watching the bidding.

I really like the T206 Plank with the missing color.

where the gold at?
09-07-2009, 01:10 PM
i have yet to see a preview for them. originally there auction was supposed to be up now ....... i think.
anyway i can't wait to what they have to offer.
Also Huggins and Scott is having a auction and it is up as well.
I guess Christmas is coming early this year!:D

Epps
09-07-2009, 02:40 PM
when is the B&L auction preview coming up

Leon
09-07-2009, 04:03 PM
when is the B&L auction preview coming up

Probably another couple of weeks yet...Our auction will have many items that are a bit more for the collectors on a budget. There will be some higher end items but lots of items below $500... We still have some items on the way into us and they still need to be added before there is a preview.

iwantitiwinit
09-07-2009, 04:12 PM
19% Buyers premium for the Heritage auction is ridiculous, I really don't see how that is worth it, unless you are buying a one of a kind item (which granted a few of the lots might be) the auction prices are high enough without that premium relative to buying the item elsewhere.

Jay Wolt
09-07-2009, 04:46 PM
19% Buyers premium for the Heritage auction is ridiculous, I really don't see how that is worth it, unless you are buying a one of a kind item (which granted a few of the lots might be) the auction prices are high enough without that premium relative to buying the item elsewhere.

So calculate the 19% into your bidding.
You'll still pay the same amount you want, just that the consignor gets less.
I use that logic regardless what the juice is be in 0% (eBay) or 20%

canjond
09-07-2009, 06:55 PM
I wonder who will be bidding on that Chance. Paul, if you need some funds, I'll give you $10k for your Plank now.

prestigecollectibles
09-07-2009, 07:09 PM

I consigned a few lots at a 0% commission fee so they have to make money from someone.

Epps
09-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks Leon

Orioles1954
09-08-2009, 07:16 AM
i have yet to see a preview for them. originally there auction was supposed to be up now ....... i think.
anyway i can't wait to what they have to offer.
Also Huggins and Scott is having a auction and it is up as well.
I guess Christmas is coming early this year!:D

We (Huggins and Scott) are actuallly having two more auctions this year! Catalogs will be mailed shortly for our Sep/Oct. auction. A smaller, but potent November/December auction is also in the works.

Orioles1954
09-08-2009, 07:17 AM
I wonder who will be bidding on that Chance. Paul, if you need some funds, I'll give you $10k for your Plank now.

Paul an d I exchanged e-mails regarding that Chance. He was not as enthusiastic about it as I had imagined!

T206Collector
09-08-2009, 07:41 AM
This is the same Chance that sold in November 2004 in the Old Judge auction here:

http://www.oldjudge.com/archive/200411/baseball/11/

Obviously here it has been authenticated by JSA, who I normally trust. But I really find provenance is such a big deal with signed T206 cards. For example, having a substantial number of my signed T206 cards coming from the Jeff Morey collection -- either directly or indirectly -- really helps me enjoy my collection without the worries associated with authenticating signed items.

Frank Chance died in 1924. His signature on anything is really hard to find, let alone a signature on a T206 card. Candidly, I find it very hard to believe that he actually signed this one.

While I would be most happy to add this one to my collection, I try to include the likelihood of authentic as a percentage in my bids. In this regard, this one takes a hit. If two or more bidders place a higher likelihood of authentic on it, then there is no way my bid would come close. Which is to say that I may bid on it, but I strongly suspect a couple of autograph collectors will outdo me on this one.

Now, if you can find me any one of Morey's Cobb cards that he had signed in person in Cooperstown, I'll send you my Plank!

Rich Klein
09-08-2009, 07:44 AM
George Lyons; one of the most interesting major dealers of the late 70's-early 80's. He is no longer with us; but I suspect that Chance card iis legit.

And you may have heard of George's brother; Jeffrey, who is a famed movie critic.

E93
09-08-2009, 11:09 AM

I never understand why people care what the BP is. Just do some math and figure it into your bid. In fact, Heritiage does the math for you to let you know what your bid is with the BP.

JimB

P.S. I sure wish Heritage would make their site more user-friendly. For such a big auction house, they have the most confusing and convoluted website in the industry, bar none! More than once I have just said f#@* it.

Matt
09-08-2009, 11:23 AM
P.S. I sure wish Heritage would make their site more user-friendly. For such a big auction house, they have the most confusing and convoluted website in the industry, bar none! More than once I have just said f#@* it.

I think Hunt gives them a pretty good run...

autograf
09-08-2009, 11:48 AM
While HA's site is INCREDIBLY INCREDIBLY (did I say INCREDIBLY?) busy, I don't find it hard to actually bid on it at all. Find the item, put in max bid and password and fire it away. Then check on my Heritage to see where you are. I just don't like all the busy-ness of it. It could really be simplified. Guess they did a one-site-fits-all scenario for currency, sports, etc, etc. I bid on and win stuff from them all the time with no headaches. Now.....if you wanna talk about Hunt.......