PDA

View Full Version : Autographed Card Grading

Easy506
09-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Hi.
I have a few autographed cards I am looking to sell. These are nothing too valuable. What would be my best options: send them into a service to get verified or sell them as is? Also, for services...which is the best option. I have never sent in an autographed card for grading before.
The cards I am referring to are all post-war common autographs.......Pete Rose, Bob Feller, et al.

Thanks for any input.

Jim

Jantz
09-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi Jim

PSA charges $20 a card with a 20 business day turnaround. Beckett has now teamed up with James Spence Authentication and they charge $20-$30 a card depending on exactly what you want done (i.e. they have a few different services, such as grading and authenticating the same autographed card). Also Beckett/JSA now encapsulates cards after they have been authenticated/graded. I couldn't locate a service time for Beckett/JSA, probably just overlooked it. All this information came from their websites. I have never dealt with either, so maybe someone else can help you there.

Hope this helps

Jantz

HOFAUTOS
09-06-2009, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't spend the money to get Rose and Feller authenticated.

It wouldn't be smart and will sell below the fee.

A feller signed card will get you $3-$10 per. There are millions of his out there.

Rose will get you $10-$25 depending on what card is signed.

Send me a list of what you have, as I collect autographs and can help you out.

csmtampa@gmail.com

HRBAKER
09-06-2009, 04:10 PM
"The cards I am referring to are all post-war common autographs.......Pete Rose, Bob Feller, et al."

I would say based on your own words in many instances the grading fee may exceed what you can expect to sell the card for.

Easy506
09-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the information! Ya, it sounds like I would end up losing money if I sent them for grading. I'll try selling them as they are.

Jim