PDA

View Full Version : Description is the best

Pup6913
09-01-2009, 08:29 AM
I was going through Fee-Bay this morning looking for a few more T205's to add to the set. I came across the Joss SP and noticed it was a bit funny looking. Best part of the whole thing was the first couple sentences. Check it out. I must be really tired or something because I laughed till I had tears in my eyes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1911-T205-Addie-Joss_W0QQitemZ350245845792QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_SM _Sports_Cards?hash=item518c477b20&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

GrayGhost
09-01-2009, 09:03 AM
I may be out there more than I think, but why would you want a card that is in that kind of condition, unless its a Wagner, Plank, etc? Im speaking in general, and as it considers those who have bid so far.

Matt
09-01-2009, 09:06 AM
I may be out there more than I think, but why would you want a card that is in that kind of condition, unless its a Wagner, Plank, etc? Im speaking in general, and as it considers those who have bid so far.

Because you can't afford the borders.

Pup6913
09-01-2009, 09:32 AM
because you can't afford the borders.

lol

slantycouch
09-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Did he edit the description? Maybe I'm missing something.

Steve D
09-01-2009, 01:14 PM
lol

After all, the borders are gold!

Whoever trimmed it must've thought it was real gold :)

Steve

drc
09-01-2009, 01:18 PM
In my selling experience, there is good demand for popular cards that are really, really beat up-- Goudey Ruth, etc. I got good money for a really, really beat up T205 Joss. This is because it's a rare chance for a collector on a small to normal budget to own one of the cards he always wanted to own. For many to most collectors, a few hundred dollars is a lot of money to be spending on a baseball card, and PSA Ex or VgEx 1933 Goudey Ruths or T206 Cobbs are out of their collecting budget.

A T205 probably contains 1/30th the copper of a penny.

Tcards-Please
09-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Andrew, he wrote that for the visually impaired :D I really had to look hard to see where it was trimmed (professionally done I think).

Mrc32
09-01-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm glad to own this one, as I would never be able to afford one in any better condition.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ltsgallery/memberfoldersko/mrc32/t205hofers/websize/josssgc.jpg

Pup6913
09-01-2009, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=Mrc32;746872]I'm glad to own this one, as I would never be able to afford one in any better condition.

And a fine card it is. I need one but I need to save for mine. I have a Pied Fact 42 Mathewson I have been looking everywhere for 2 yrs to find another and haven't. I remember when they announced the SP on Joss. I bid a very solid grade 4+ up to almost $800 and lost by $2 and some change. That was the last time I ever saw a Joss in grade 2 or higher for that. You have a keeper. Thanks for the Eye Candy.

iwantitiwinit
09-01-2009, 05:27 PM
I agree with GrayGhost who would want that, its not a card its a 100 year old scrap of paper.

FrankWakefield
09-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Of late I'm trying to refrain from blah-ing someone else's bling. I think that the card, the description, and the auction are fine.

Pup6913
09-01-2009, 05:43 PM
I know its stupid but I am still laughing about the obvious.

"The card has been trimmed on all sides"

also if you read abit further he says:

"Those of you who know me and have done business with me over the years know that I do not over grade or overstate my material"

I have bought a few items from this guy and he is legit and does good with pricing but it just struck me as funny and I can't stop laughing about it.

What would be great is if someone else listed the borders as a Joss card because chances are the name is on the back :D What would that look like???

$250 Shipped and Insured Overnight

First to post I'll take it wins:D

kcohen
09-01-2009, 06:26 PM
I've dealt with this guy and he's a good seller. No sense in starting a thread to belittle him. Glad you got a few jollies but get over yourself!

slantycouch
09-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Seems like he can't win. If he didn't list a truthful description that the borders had been trimmed, someone would be on his case for trying to deceive bidders. I think he did the right thing.

Pup6913
09-01-2009, 07:39 PM
I've dealt with this guy and he's a good seller. No sense in starting a thread to belittle him. Glad you got a few jollies but get over yourself!

no one is belittling him. Like I said I have dealt with him in the past and he is a great seller and will continue buying from him. If you are that sensitive then maybe you should find another thread to blog on. No one here is meaning any harm to the guy. Most discussion is about the card and the fact he put that all sides are trimmed. It's stupid that there are people out there that would make an issue if they bought this card and it said nothing about that, and it is that obvious. Things we find on Ebay always make a Thread a Day.

Pup6913
09-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Seems like he can't win. If he didn't list a truthful description that the borders had been trimmed, someone would be on his case for trying to deceive bidders. I think he did the right thing.

second ahead of me on that one

GrayGhost
09-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Im really not belittling the man or any bidders either. I just find it weird that some wouldn't spend their money on something that isnt literally missing a bunch of the card. To each his own, though.