PDA

View Full Version : Please post .......

Old Mill Man
08-27-2009, 10:47 PM
I would love to see some nice photo's of Jim Orator O'rourke as I want to draw one.If possible try and make the photo a 5X 7 or 4 X 6 .I will post the drawing as I use Pastels and charcol as I have been drawing some of my classmates portraits and they love them.
Thank-you :)

Butch7999
08-28-2009, 05:07 PM
There are some pics of O'Rourke in these threads, for starters, and/or links to other photo sources...
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=113168
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=113453
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?p=723139
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=111614&highlight=o%27rourke

cfc1909
08-28-2009, 09:19 PM
yes-please post

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=114325

Old Mill Man
08-29-2009, 07:23 AM
Jim,
If your talking about the Crockett T-209 I have reason to keep my mouth shut about the card.There is a certian shall we say "Other" on here that think he is inferior to everyone else,puts down people who do research etc and I know that you chit-chat with him.So in a one liner ,I don't care what you or anyone else want to believe about the card but yes 3 jim I have seen.Check with Lipset's newsletters and see who actually found the first card and there could be a description in there.

I am not angry with you as it may sound but I have not been feeling good and losing a friend takes it's toll on ones self.

Oh and one other thing I nearly completed that set as well and my type I cards I got were all in Nr. MT condition and grabbed those in the 80's for 150.00 each,high nuimbers for that era but I paid it because of the condition.
Regards,
Ralph.

Old Mill Man
08-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks Butch for posting but none of the cards were what I was looking for,I wanted one with his mustache as I wanted to draw it in charcol and pastels as the cards look so cool like lithographs,I have done portraits for friends of their family members and I want to draw some of the hall of famers from the 19th century I was thinking of drawing the photo I had of my N-142 Duke cabinet card of Ed Delehanty as I have a photograph of that one,might give it a shot later today.
Regards,
Ralph.

cfc1909
08-29-2009, 08:28 AM
I don't underatand why anger would even be brought up. I have discussed the Crockett with many board members and also a collector at the National that had a rather large 209 find and still the Crockett was absent.
I thought I asked rather politely for a scan or discription. You have this as your signature and I thought you could help me and I hope you will even if it is private email. Thanks...:confused:

bmarlowe1
08-29-2009, 06:44 PM
here you go:

Potomac Yank
09-14-2009, 12:27 AM
I don't underatand why anger would even be brought up. I have discussed the Crockett with many board members and also a collector at the National that had a rather large 209 find and still the Crockett was absent.
I thought I asked rather politely for a scan or discription. You have this as your signature and I thought you could help me and I hope you will even if it is private email. Thanks...:confused:

That excuse was not only lame, it was a reject from an emergency room.

It is difficult to describe a card that was never seen. :D

Potomac Yank
09-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Any private e-mails with a description yet Jim?

Old Mill Man
09-16-2009, 06:46 AM
I have just put this individual (Joe P.) on Personal Ban because of his slamming of myself and others.I can't and won't tell anyone else to do the same but if you enjoy his slams that's your choice.
To put a user on IGGY go to User Control Panel ,Then settings there you will see Edit Ignore and add whomever.

As I have emailed certain members about the T-210 article my reason for not posting it on the site is because of this individual.As for the Crockett card it is a fielding position and I have seen 3 over the years,my apologies if you thought I saw 3 recently,no I have seen 3 over the years (The last one I saw was a few month's ago but I am not telling who has the card because the owner has told me not to and I respect his wishes but it is no one on this site)and I do not have a image to share or I would as I do know how to scan and upload :)

Adios Joe P. and may I be the gentleman and say good luck completing the T-210 set.

With kindest regards,
Ralph

Potomac Yank
09-17-2009, 05:43 PM
You, of all people, shouldn't be trying to play the Cutesy Game.

Playing the Financial Bankruptcy game is one thing, but playing the Credibility Bankruptcy game, is a harder thing to shake.

All this just because of a T210-7 Hyames card.
Acccording to a fun T210 tough list that he posted two years ago, he stated (Lots of luck on this card**)

I think he's confusing the T210 Hyames with the T209 II Hyames.
Any T209 II collector will tell you that the T209 II Hyames is almost as tough, if not as tough as the T209 II Crockett.

Being that we're talking about the T209 II Crockett, I've been collecting T209's for about 25 years, flown to shows all over the country (worked for an airline.), seen more cards and dealers than most on this board, I have never seen T209 II Crockett or Hyames.

You claim that you have seen THREE Crockett's ... Let me join Jim, and Jay in asking you to describe the card.

You say that it is a fielding image, unless you need a camp fire to tell your story, or there is a curse derivative to the Da Vinci Code, stand up on your hind legs and tell us.

The fielding move, was it to his left, right.
Was the ball hit to his left, or right.
Was the glove on his left, or right hand.
Was it a reverse negative.
Come on Ralphie, your the one that's seen the Three Crocketts.
Your credibility is tied up to your signature, and a few other things.

Potomac Yank
09-20-2009, 11:38 PM
A sign of some intelligence.

You got rid of your Crockett signature.

Now ..... can you describe the card?

orator1
11-26-2009, 03:17 PM
I would love to see some nice photo's of Jim Orator O'rourke as I want to draw one.If possible try and make the photo a 5X 7 or 4 X 6 .I will post the drawing as I use Pastels and charcol as I have been drawing some of my classmates portraits and they love them.
Thank-you :)

Did you ever draw a picture of O'Rourke?
I'm interested in seeing it once it's completed.
Paul