PDA

View Full Version : Lost someone very close to me.......

Old Mill Man
08-27-2009, 07:44 PM
I bought my first tobacco cards from my very dear friend Paul Pollard,I am not sure if anyone is aware that Paul Passed away in April and I am very shaken by the news.Paul got me started on the 206's,205's ,210's,211's,and it was with his help that I completed the T-210 set.I remember the first lot of T-210 cards that I got from Paul it was 125 diff. T-210 cards and one was Joe Jackson and one night I got the urge to call him again and I asked him if he had got any new 210's in he said well I am opening mail now and I see some T-210's so he was going through the names and I had my wantlist out,he says Jackson,I said what team New Orleans ,I want that one,yes but you already have that one I said yes and now I will have 2 and so I got that one for 100 plus other t-210's that night.It was so cool not knowing what the players image looked like,you just ordered so many cards got them in the mail and was like a child on Christmas eve.One thing I am happy is Paul completed his T-210 set as I had corresponded with him last year getting the Kelly-Mascot card.I am getting teary eyed as I write this but I just want to say to my friend,Paul I know you are listening and I enjoyed our deals and I love you as a brother.God bless and thank you all for taking the time to read this.Paul was a Hobby Icon but to me he was a close and very dear friend.

Boccabella
08-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Paul and I used to trade regional/police sets when they were all the rage in the 1980s. He always had tons of Redskins and Georgetown sets. We must have swapped hundreds. Always pleasant and agreeable. I believe a few years ago he was set up at the Robert Morris show in Pittsburgh and I bought some items from him. He had a big inventory. I'm sorry to hear he's no longer with us.

jbsports33
08-27-2009, 08:13 PM
I am very sorry to hear the sad news, early this year I lost a dear friend and follow dealer that sold me my first T206 collection almost 10 years ago. The news surprised me and I never really got a chance to say goodbye, but I learned a lot from him about the hobby and the people that you meet. He always encouraged me to learn more and pursue my goals in the hobby, and I did by continuing with shows and the creation of my website. This year things have not been the same because we had done at least 4-6 big deals a year, and when I heard about the news I stopped buying for at least a few months. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends family - hang in there

Jimmy

Old Mill Man
08-27-2009, 09:50 PM
He will be missed as I always asked him certain questions and he had the answer.I talked to his wife tonight and I was almost crying we were so close and I can still remember our deals I even have all of his letters he hand wrote to me with the cards I got and the letter from his wife about his passing gets added to my Paul Pollard Letter Collection.I now love this little Jewel even more the last card I got from my bud.

ethicsprof
08-27-2009, 11:06 PM
very sad and most moving,

my deepest condolences,

barry