PDA

View Full Version : t206 Old Mill Back

JamesGallo
08-19-2009, 11:08 PM
I am curious about this sub set. How many cards are available with the old mill back?

How do they rate compared with the more common backs. I don't see a lot of old mills but there doesn't seem to be a premium on them even though most of the ones I have are either the only or 1 or a few in the population reports. I know for a time the backs were separated, but still they "seem" rather rare.

Any tough cards beyond the SL and HOF.

Thanks

James G

Jantz
08-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Hi James,

On the main page, go over to the right under "search this forum" and type in "old mill survey". For me it was the 5th thread down in the archives. This was a thread Ted Z. started and it has alot of information as well as the confirmed T206s with the Old Mill back.

Hope this Helps,

Jantz

BobbyVCP
08-19-2009, 11:29 PM
There are 509 cards in the set.

Here is a breakdown.

http://www.vintagecardprices.com/set-profile/index.php?set_id=3733&limit=509+

cfc1909
08-20-2009, 04:53 AM
Not sure about your link but the first scan that comes up is Abbaticchio blue sleeves with an Old Mill south back and that combo is impossible. Does NOT exist...:confused:

cfc1909
08-20-2009, 05:12 AM
Not sure of an exact time line but many of the 206 minor league players are not found with Old Mill. My thoughts on this are the Old Mill 206 printing was haulted to make way for the T210 set. I think it was just minor leaguers as the t210 set is a minor league set.

I am sure that only two of the nine Baltimore players appear with Old Mill. Baltimore was a minor league team at this point.

frohme
08-20-2009, 06:04 AM
I think the OP was asking about Old Mill, not the Old Mill SL, Jim.

Bobby's link seems to point to the plain OM back, and both Abbaticchio's definitely exists with that back. As you say, he certainly does not exist with the latter.

JamesGallo
08-20-2009, 06:55 AM
I did do a search and either I missed that survey or it did not come up. It is great for a checklist, but what about a rarity guide and a value difference.

Would a 10% premiun apply over a common back, more, would it depend on the player?

Any especially tough cards?

Thanks

James G

tedzan
08-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Here's the link of the survey I ran back about a year ago.

The final tally back then was 290 Old Mill cards and another 48 Southern Leaguers
for a grand total of 338. I'm sure that a recent update would yield a few more.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=92110

TED Z

tedzan
08-21-2009, 07:17 AM
Jim R's observation is correct....the VCP Old Mill site incorrectly shows the Major Leaguers and Minor Leaguers (non-So. Lge.)
with the Southern League Old Mill backs.

It should be corrected.

TED Z