PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Cashback discount at 14% 8/18/09

alanu
08-18-2009, 09:50 AM
Microsoft Cashback at 14%, highest in awhile, I think

http://www.bing.com/search?q=lego+table&go=&form=QBRE

GasHouseGang
08-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Pardon my ignorance. Is this cash back good on everything on ebay, or only Lego tables? I poked around a little, but must not have seen the proper link to take me to the cash back offer. How do you take advantage of the offer?

leadoff4
08-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Yes, the Bing cashback is good on everything. Sportscards for sure:)

jbbama
08-18-2009, 01:23 PM
It just has to be a Buy It Now item...........also you must see the cashback 14% banner at the top of the page.

tbob
08-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Granted that many BIN prices on eBay on pre-war cards are too high, still this is a good tool if you find one reasonably priced. Don't forget to sign up for the ebay bucks as you can also get eBay bucks plus the 14% discount when you buy a card. The eBay bucks mount up!

Matt
08-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Shameless plug:
If anyone makes a best offer on any of my listings that I agree to, I'll adjust the BIN price to that amount so you can take advantage of the cash back. Ebay ID mwieder. :)

19cbb
08-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Not that I'm complaining, but I'm getting 13% not 14%.

GasHouseGang
08-18-2009, 04:10 PM
The part that wasn't explained very well is that you have to initiate your search thru Bing.com or it won't work. Sorry it's kind of long, but here are the rules.

eBay Terms
for Microsoft Bing Cashback Rewards

Your participation in the Microsoft Bing cashback program ("Cashback Program"), formerly the Microsoft Live Search cashback program, is subject to the Microsoft Service Agreement at http://tou.live.com (the "Program Terms"), and these eBay Terms. In the event of a conflict between the Program Terms and the eBay Terms, the eBay Terms shall apply.
Cashback Program
The Microsoft Bing Cashback Program provides cashback for up to 20 qualifying purchases per account on www.ebay.com. The amount of cashback will be determined by eBay, specified at the time of checkout on the "purchase review page" and equal to a percentage of the sale price (excluding shipping and handling fees, insurance fees and other such fees) ("Cashback Rewards"). The maximum amount of Cashback Rewards per qualifying purchase is $200.00 USD. In addition, all Cashback Rewards (including Cashback Rewards earned in connection with purchases made on websites other than www.eBay.com) are subject to the annual $2,500.00 per person cap set forth in the Program Terms.

Eligibility
You are eligible to participate in the Cashback Program as long as you: (a) are at least 18 years of age and reside in the United States, (b) have a confirmed US eBay.com account in good standing, (c) have a verified US PayPal account in good standing, (d) have a Microsoft Cashback Program Account in good standing; and (e) comply with the eBay Terms and the Program Terms. In order for your accounts to be in good standing, they must not be limited or suspended.

Qualifying Purchase
To make a qualifying purchase, you must do all of the following:
Search for an eBay.com item on www.bing.com.
Click on an eBay.com sponsored advertisement on www.bing.com that has the cashback icon a gold circle with a dollar sign, next to the advertisement. When you click on the advertisement, you will begin an online session. Sponsored advertisements typically appear at the top or along the right hand side of the page of a www.bing.com search results page in a shaded or colored area of the page.
Purchase an eligible eBay.com Buy-It-Now item using PayPal within 60 minutes of the time you began the online session. Cashback Rewards will apply only to the first eligible item you commit to buy during an online session. You may make only one qualifying purchase per online session.
To make additional qualifying purchases, you must repeat each of these steps including initiating a new search on www.bing.com.

Receiving Cashback Rewards
After your first eligible purchase is completed, you must go to My Messages on eBay.com and look for a message from eBay with "cashback" in the subject line. Click the "Get Cashback" link or button in the message to set up a Cashback Program account with Microsoft by providing all information required by Microsoft (or, if you already have a Cashback Program account, log into your account in order to associate your eBay purchases with that account).

Once you have created a Cashback Program account and have logged in to associate your eBay purchases with your account as described above, the Cashback Rewards will be available in your Cashback Program account approximately sixty (60) days after you pay for your qualifying purchase. PayPal in its discretion may decide to pay your Cashback Rewards more quickly on a case by case basis. Cashback rewards are issued to the PayPal account you used to make the qualifying purchase on eBay.com.

Limitations
Only certain items selected by eBay from time to time in its sole discretion will be eligible for Cashback Rewards. eBay will notify you on the purchase review page of the Buy-It-Now transaction process if the item you wish to purchase is not eligible. Please review the purchase review page carefully before you commit to buy an item. Please note, the following will always be ineligible for Cashback Rewards: purchases that are completed on www.express.ebay.com or www.half.ebay.com; purchases of automobiles or other vehicles; purchases of real estate. Cashback Rewards cannot be transferred or applied to multiple eBay.com accounts.

Purchases on eBay.com of gift certificates, gift cards and items acquired for resale will be eligible for Cashback Rewards. eBay may permit you to combine Cashback Rewards with other eBay promotions, coupons, or gift certificates. With the exception of eBay promotions, coupons and gift certificates, Cashback Rewards cannot be combined with any other offer on purchases on www.eBay.com. The following will not disqualify eligible purchases made during an online session: clicking away from eBay during such online session, closing your browser during such online session, or opening another web site in a different web browser or tab during such online session. eBay shall determine in its sole discretion whether your purchase is a qualifying purchase under the eBay Terms. PayPal may disqualify transactions or remove previously paid cash rewards from your PayPal account if you return or cancel a qualifying purchase, participate in any fraud or abuse relating to the Cashback Program (including conducting "sham" transactions or otherwise colluding with merchants, or otherwise), or fail to meet the Program Terms or these eBay Terms. In the event that you receive Cashback Rewards for a purchase that is later determined to be an ineligible purchase, you provide PayPal with the right and authority to remove the Cashback Rewards from your PayPal account, even if it means that your PayPal account will have a negative balance for which you will be liable.

Bing cashback is a Microsoft Corporation program. Cashback Rewards are funded and paid by Microsoft. Neither eBay nor PayPal have any obligations to you regarding Cashback Rewards or your participation in the Cashback Program except as set forth in these eBay Terms. eBay is the official time keeper for determining whether your purchase is made within 60 minutes of the time you initiate an online session. You hereby agree to release eBay Inc. and PayPal, Inc. from any claims, demands and damages arising out of or in any way connected to your participation in the Cashback Program. In addition, you hereby agree to release Microsoft from any claims, demands and damages arising out of the eBay Terms. eBay provides Microsoft with limited information about your eligible purchase (such as the date, time, amount, and item description) when you apply for a Cashback Reward. Microsoft will use this information only to process and manage your Cashback Rewards, and not for any other purpose. eBay may change these terms and conditions from time to time by posting revised terms and conditions on www.eBay.com, and all such changes will be effective when posted.

mcap100176
08-20-2009, 07:39 AM
I just got 10%.

What I didn't know was that you have to use IE. The discount wouldn't come up in Firefox.

I found this out using www.bingandgoogle.com. I use Firefox extensively and wondered why I wasn't getting discounts.

Matt
08-20-2009, 07:43 AM
I just got 10%.

What I didn't know was that you have to use IE. The discount wouldn't come up in Firefox.

I found this out using www.bingandgoogle.com. I use Firefox extensively and wondered why I wasn't getting discounts.

If you turn off (or have not installed) Ad-Block Plus, it will work in Firefox as well.