PDA

View Full Version : New Website - Vintage Baseball Directory

T206.org
08-17-2009, 09:28 PM
I would like to introduce you to a new website:
http://www.vintagebaseballdirectory.com

Select "Directory" in the main menu to browse and filter listings.
You can also search or browse alphabetically via the homepage.

Each listing has it's own page and associated information.
For example, B&L Auctions:
http://www.vintagebaseballdirectory.com/listing/41/brockelman-luckey-auctions/

Traveling to a specific state and interested in what is available there?
Check out California, for example:
http://www.vintagebaseballdirectory.com/directory.php?state=CA

Surely you're going to find errors, omissions, etc. Please use the
contact form on the website to send those in. Feedback, additional
listings, removal requests, feature ideas and whatever else is on your
mind is welcome too.

To note, listing email addresses are ASCII encoded for spam-bot
protection as well, as-seen by viewing the source code on any
particular listing's page.

Thanks for checking out the site.

T206.org
08-18-2009, 01:14 PM
I noticed this thread has 109 views as of this post and no one has responded.

Do you find the site useful?
Any ideas to make it better?

Is your favorite auction house, eBay seller, or local card shop listed in the directory?
Please provide the information if not.

Please share what's on your mind.

Thanks!

ChrisStufflestreet
08-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Okay, if you want feedback, I'll be happy to provide some.

Actually, I tried to find a site that could provide me with solid info about vintage cards (not sellers, but sites that can inform the reader about what's out there without following it up with a sales pitch) and found nothing. It immediately disappointed me and I stopped looking at your site.

However, if you'd like something like that to add...I have built a site that does exactly what I just described:

http://www.obaks.com/vintagebaseballcards/index.html

If you'd like to get something like that site added to your database, let me know.

showtime
08-18-2009, 04:12 PM
I think the statement on your home page of "the webs largest directory for vintage cards & memorabilia" is quite a stretch.

Orioles1954
08-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Wow! Tough and rude crowd. I liked the website and found it well-organized. I don't think I would subscribe to it, but definitely appreciate it for the free service.

caramelcard
08-18-2009, 04:27 PM
I believe as it grows it will be a useful site for me.

Thanks Trae.

Rob

Orioles1954
08-18-2009, 04:30 PM
I have always looked for a place where I can have a directory of all the on-going auctions, and this site fills that need.

Matt E.
08-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Trae,

Awesome job as usual. I have already saved this in my favorites as everyone else should do for easy reference.

Stufflestreet: You may want to read your response again. Yikes, What a blatant self-serving rude response.

Matt Engle

ChrisStufflestreet
08-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Stufflestreet: You may want to read your response again. Yikes, What a blatant self-serving rude response.

Of course it was self-serving (as are all cases of somebody linking to his own site). It wasn't intended to be rude, however; Trae asked for feedback and I merely said I didn't find what I was looking for...and then offered my own site as an example of something he could use to add if he'd like to add it.

For the record...I'd love to see Trae's site grow and will check it out again to see his progress. If it improves, I'd be glad to add it as a link because it can be a valuable reference (like Old Cardboard's site, for instance).

As for the tone of my post...I'm a native New Yorker, we are often accused of being rude when we're actually a little more direct than others. Sorry if you read into what I said and found more than what I had intended.

Dustanh1
08-18-2009, 10:41 PM
I like the site so far and think it is a very good start. Linking to some other sites about different sets like T206.org would be a good addition, as a viewer could get information about the cards and then find a card through ebay or a dealer. Were you thinking about adding an information section, or just leaving it as a way to search different dealers and sites?

Ladder7
08-19-2009, 08:01 AM
Trae asked for feedback. Not just positive's either.
He's a long time member here, Im sure he can handle the critique. After all, it's just the internet.

Though brutally honest to some here., I didn't find the post Chris made over the top. He had the cajones to step up when many other members were deafiningly quiet.

Incidentally Trae, though I do appreciate your work and enjoyed your original T206 site... I'm not a fan of any site with a lot of dealer content either and have to agree with the NY'r in that regard. I think many of we older, grumpy and frugal collectors feel the same, but just wont say so. Steve

T206.org
08-19-2009, 08:39 AM
Trae asked for feedback. Not just positive's either.
He's a long time member here, Im sure he can handle the critique. After all, it's just the internet.

Thank you, Steve, right on the money.

In the last 18 hours I've received many replies, PM's, and emails through the site. The feedback, good and/or bad, is very much appreciated. Over the next few days (definitely into the weekend) I'll address and respond to each contact and thought individually, including executing the feedback by upating the site with new links, categories and information.

Thanks again.

T206.org
08-23-2009, 08:52 PM
I've addressed all of the emails and Private Messages I've received thus far. Thank you all for those.

The number one request at this point is to add reference categories and listings to the site so I'll be working on that and update accordingly when a good amount of useful information has been added.

I think the statement on your home page of "the webs largest directory for vintage cards & memorabilia" is quite a stretch.

Hello John, do you know of another vintage baseball directory? Please share the link(s) if so. Thank you.