PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Collector now collecting cards. Rookie Needs Help!!

JJA
08-17-2009, 07:36 PM
New at this. Sent in 3 cards to PSA that were already graded by other Company Graders. I thought they would remove from their holders and regrade and reholder.I marked Crossover on the form. Instead they sent them back with a sticker heading MINGRADE with certification number below. What does this mean and what should I do. Of course the rookie was charged. Thanks now to all of you help with advice.

Peter_Spaeth
08-17-2009, 07:44 PM
It means they did not think the cards deserved the grade the other company gave them, and they declined to cross them over at the same or higher level.

Pup6913
08-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Who was the Crossover CO??

Potomac Yank
08-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Welcome to Slab Land ..... :)

slantycouch
08-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Welcome to Slab Land ..... :)

Just one of the numerous "quirks" that make this hobby so much fun.

It's a crap shoot!

Potomac Yank
08-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Just one of the numerous "quirks" that make this hobby so much fun.

It's a crap shoot!

How about:

Slabbing is the "qurk" that makes this hobby, a business.

slantycouch
08-18-2009, 08:35 AM

How about:

Slabbing is the "qurk" that makes this hobby, a business.

Sounds about right to me!

E93
08-18-2009, 11:35 AM
If you specified on the submission form that they not cross them at a lower grade, then you got what you asked for. If you did not specify a minimum grade that you would accept on the submission form, then they made a mistake and should re-do them for free. I would call their customer service line to figure this out.
JimB

Matt
08-18-2009, 10:19 PM
New at this. Sent in 3 cards to PSA that were already graded by other Company Graders. I thought they would remove from their holders and regrade and reholder.I marked Crossover on the form. Instead they sent them back with a sticker heading MINGRADE with certification number below. What does this mean and what should I do. Of course the rookie was charged. Thanks now to all of you help with advice.

Warranted or not, PSA has a reputation that they are very conservative when checking competitor's cards for crossover. You might have better luck if you crack them and submit them raw.