PDA

View Full Version : White Plains NY Show - Thoughts, stories?

JasonL
08-17-2009, 10:22 AM
I finally got myself to a card show this past weekend, and went to the White Plains NY show with my middle guy. He freaked out at the selection of Non-Sports stuff at one of the dealers' tables, and I had to reign in his enthusiasm over Star Wars, Spongebob, Pokemon and Mario Super Galaxy cards...

BUT, aside from fun with him, the show seemed to offer more vintage goodies than I had previously seen in the past couple years. Could be my imagination, but I got to talk to a few dealers and the good folks at SGC and they confirmed it was a very busy Sunday (Compared to the first 3 days).

I even bought a raw 51 Bowman of Slaughter (incredible image!) and nearly pulled the trigger on some pre-war as well. Of course, that doesn't fit in the collection yet, so I iwll need to come up with some side-bar, I suppose.

Anyone else go ???
Any stories or finds?

T206Collector
08-17-2009, 10:48 AM
...to the White Plains show and this time was no exception. I thought it was a good show for pre-war and wound up buying 29 T206 cards for $400, which I thought were pretty nice given the price/condition.

Also, picked up a few leads on some signed pre-war cards, which basically made the trip worthwhile in itself.

JamesGallo
08-17-2009, 10:18 PM
I almost always go, so much so that when Michael from SGC email me last week, his tone was such that he knew I would be there and sure enough I was. I was able to do two big deals at this show. I went on Friday and was limited on my time so I barely walked the whole floor. All in all I was happy to pick up a new boston store weaver as well as some T206 that I then handed to michael to be graded by SGC.

There seemed to be a bit of fresh stuff in the room which was nice.

James G