PDA

View Full Version : Input on Photo Authentication Course

drc
08-16-2009, 12:46 PM
I may be teaching a course at the University of Washington, and I thought it would be a good idea to set up a private photo authentication/identification/dating class for anyone who wanted to take it. It would be distance/online, and students can take a test/paper to get credit for completing the course (The materials my be available to those who want to materials but don't want to take it as a formal class).

My main question is what/what materials/format would people want from such a course. It will include a textbook and a CD rom with materials including tons of pictures. It will also include physical samples of different photos. I thought of some some sort of video thing, but didn't know how that would be of great help.

Thanks is advance for any comments or ideas. Simply knowing what an individual likes or dislikes is a service.

David

slantycouch
08-17-2009, 11:28 AM
David,

The course sounds great, and I would be interested, though only for enjoyment and not formal credit.

When you say what format would people want, what other options do you have in mind? Certainly for distance including the textbook/CD is great, but other than a video or still images, what options do you have for distributing samples to a class? Just trying to wrap my mind around the idea and what it would include.

ibuysportsephemera
08-17-2009, 11:35 AM
I would be interested for enjoyment, not credit.

williamcohon
08-19-2009, 12:01 AM
It sounds fascinating. I'd like to know the details, when you get them ironed out. I hope I can participate.

drc
08-19-2009, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the notes. Just seeing what people like and dislike before I proceed. The problem is most of us are far removed from taking courses, so I should be asking 19 year olds. My dad was a professor, but he still has his slide rule-- if that gives you any idea how he sees things.

LOUCARDFAN
08-19-2009, 12:22 PM
I would be very interested in taking part in this.

Todd

onlychild
08-19-2009, 04:17 PM
One can never stop learning and it can only enhance skills. Count me in as one who would be interested.

Kevin

Ladder7
08-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Great idea. Old type 1's got some great content.