PDA

View Full Version : T206 Wagner -- just needs a little tender care

calvindog
08-12-2009, 07:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/T206-Piedmont-Honus-Wagner-1909-1911_W0QQitemZ150365622878QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_SM _Sports_Cards?hash=item23027d525e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Perhaps Legendary could get this restored and turn it into a 'great' card for a 'great' guy? :)

botn
08-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Jeff,

Have any great guys ever had 3 Wagners?

Matt
08-12-2009, 07:33 PM
The "Questionable Authenticity" returned by PSA & SGC is just begging for these scams. Why not put "Not Authentic" on cards that are obviously not authentic?

I'll give the seller some credit here - he clearly spent quite a bit of time beating up that reprint and then went out of pocket to have PSA evaluate it. Here's hoping he doesn't make it back.

Jim VB
08-12-2009, 09:38 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/T206-Piedmont-Honus-Wagner-1909-1911_W0QQitemZ150365622878QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_SM _Sports_Cards?hash=item23027d525e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Perhaps Legendary could get this restored and turn it into a 'great' card for a 'great' guy? :)

Terrific! Just terrific! Why would you out an ongoing auction? I was hoping to pick up one (or two) of these before anyone on the board saw them.

JamesGallo
08-12-2009, 09:41 PM
The "Questionable Authenticity" returned by PSA & SGC is just begging for these scams. Why not put "Not Authentic" on cards that are obviously not authentic?

I'll give the seller some credit here - he clearly spent quite a bit of time beating up that reprint and then went out of pocket to have PSA evaluate it. Here's hoping he doesn't make it back.

I agree 100%, someone that doesn't know PSA dumb ass abbreviations might think that said authentic and ignore the question mark....

What happened to no Wagner's unless they were authenticated???

I guess eBay doesn't follow there own rules.

James G

Jim VB
08-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Actually, Ebay does follow most of those rules. This guy happened to check the box that says "Yes, this was authenticated by PSA." So it goes on. Someone will report him and it will get pulled. Just takes time.

slantycouch
08-13-2009, 05:34 AM

I completely agree. They need to make it clear that an item is NOT authentic so there is no question. Or should I say so there is "?no".

Publius
08-13-2009, 07:39 AM
3 feedbacks for this fella. Welcome to the show

Minerscoin
08-15-2009, 03:59 PM
It was still available a 10 minutes ago. Someone is about to throw away decent money for a beat all to heck reproduction. You could buy a decent real graded T card for $50.
At least he should send the winner a nice repro for good measure. The bidders I hope are scambusters or shill bidders. If it gets into the thousands he would most certainly have to use shillers with a few scambusters doing good for the hobby.
Hopefully he does not find one fool out there that will take a chance in a lose/lose situation.
Mark

Jim VB
08-15-2009, 07:41 PM
After a couple of reports, Ebay forced him to revise a couple of things. It now says "Questionable Authenticity" in the header, and in the listing, next to "Reprint or Original" it now says "Unknown".

At this point anyone spending any money on it should know what they are getting, (but it still sucks that there are guys like this out there.)

Matt
08-15-2009, 07:55 PM
After a couple of reports, Ebay forced him to revise a couple of things. It now says "Questionable Authenticity" in the header, and in the listing, next to "Reprint or Original" it now says "Unknown".

Maybe I'm unreasonable, but that's not enough for me - it's not "Unknown" its a "Reprint." "Unknown" leaves the door open.

Jim VB
08-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Maybe I'm unreasonable, but that's not enough for me - it's not "Unknown" its a "Reprint." "Unknown" leaves the door open.

I agree. But, is that Ebay's job to interpret and translate the wording of PSA? PSA uses the term "? Authenticity". As discussed earlier, that says certain things to collectors such as those on this board, but might mean something entirely different to a novice.

Edited to add: I believe that SGC does it differently. When it's not real, they mark it as "counterfeit".

Leon
08-15-2009, 10:08 PM
These cards should be labeled "counterfeit"....no abbreviation and no room for wiggling. I have seen too many sellers either listing these "?aut" and knowing they are bad and leaving wiggle room or even worse, not knowing they are bad. (I guess that's worse but both situations are ridiculous)...:mad:..regards

dennis
08-16-2009, 05:21 AM
psa just needs to label it REPRINT and slab the POS.

Oldtix
08-16-2009, 06:48 AM
The hilarious part of this is that he put a reserve on it! I suppose he didn't want anyone taking advantage of him.

A guy just can't be too careful these days...especially a great guy...

Jim VB
08-16-2009, 09:36 AM
I think it's a good sign that the top bidder right now is a "0" feedback buyer.