PDA

View Full Version : I am not sure if this was posted..but a note from Brian at SGC on their website

whitehse
08-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if this was news or not but Brian at SGC posted a interesting summation of the 2009 National on the SGC boards, In it he mentions grading a T206 Cobb with a Cobb back. Although I cannot afford many of the cards talked about on these boards I know this is one that creates alot of discussion. Was it common knowledge that this card was graded by SGC at the National? As a novice to the T206's is this important news?? I was suprised to hear about it but, like I said...I am pretty much a novice.

Maybe I am overreacting with this post but I thought this might be interesting news to some on this board.

Here is Brians post:

This year's National was a great success for us. Cleveland has a great collector base, and it was good to meet several board members--bbo, BigDaddyBowman, mrmint23, and Earl to name a few. Big shows like this are great because our customers can meet the people they're used to dealing with through the office.

This National was great as well because the number of SGC cards available on the floor of the show was probably the highest it has ever been. As more collectors and dealers start to use SGC for their cards, this trend is certain to continue. Many of the auction houses set up at the show had great SGC cards on display as well for people to see.

We introduced a new service, Quick Grade Consultation, which allowed customers to bring over cards, pay a $20 fee per card, and within an hour find out what the card would grade. If they liked the grade, they would pay the additional encapsulation fee based on the value tier. Many people used this service--collectors to find out if a card they were buying on the floor was unaltered or would upgrade their set and dealers for the same reasons or to make a sale contingent on a certain grade. We will be continuing this service at shows where SGC is grading on-site such as the Valley Forge shows and the National.

We also were able to grade many exciting cards on-site at the National. We graded a phenomenal collection of E107 Breisch Williams Hall of Famers, a rare Ty Cobb T206 with Ty Cobb brand back, a stunning N173 Old Judge Harry Wright Cabinet in SGC 84, high grade cards from all eras, and many more cards too numerous to list.

We have to thank all the customers who stopped by and submitted cards or just said hello. It's a pleasure for us to set up at the National and interact with all the great hobbyists.

Brian