PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with this Cobb Stall and Dean standup

Al Parker
08-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Guys,
I know many of you are probably very familiar with this item that was recently acquired by a friend of mine. It's a 16x10-inch Stall and Dean counter-top standup of Ty Cobb. It's in very nice condition and looks authentic, but I'm no expert and my buddy has already shelled out the cash for this.

Does anyone know the date for this? Or any recent auction prices? I did see that one was in a collectors.com auction that ended in June, but was unable to find the selling price.

Any info you guys could provide would help my buddy sleep at night...
Thanks!!

BrockJacob
08-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Your buddy might want to get some Nyquil if he wants to sleep well at night. Its a reproduction. I believe there is only one real one known to exist and it was sold in the Halper Auction. Fakes turn up on Ebay every now and again and the one in collectors.com auction was pulled because it was a repro.

barrysloate
08-11-2009, 02:19 PM
So many of these types of signs have been reproduced, not just this one, that it's probably best to stay away from them.

Mr. Mitt
08-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Al... when you have a moment, read this thread from a few months back and you'll get a better understanding.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=112519

Al Parker
08-13-2009, 04:57 AM
Really appreciate the info guys. I knew Net54 would have the answers my buddy was seeking. Now I'll have to tell him the bad news...

Al Parker
08-20-2009, 05:34 AM
Does anyone have an idea approximately when these repros were made?

barrysloate
08-20-2009, 07:23 AM
Since the only real one known was sold in the Halper sale in 1999, you can assume sometime after that.